Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Oct 18, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #3,407 of 3,534
I love my LPGT TI,
today I ordered from Musicteck Tsuranagi amp with Yatono mini
I don't know if will sound better because is very difficult to have a better sound of LPGT TI,for me
Can't speak too much for Tsuranagi, but the addition of Mass Kobo 428/475 to LPGT Ti is magical and has become my "desktop" rig in micro form. Drives everything I throw at it with ease, offering punchy dynamics, incisive technical performance, and an addictive musicality. I've yet to demo Mjölnir, but I would be very surprised if the amp stage of the latter out performs the Mass Kobo (and from everything I read/hear, it doesn't deliver on this level).

The LO on the Ti is so clean it pairs amazingly well with whatever amp it's paired with.

Oct 18, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #3,408 of 3,534
Can't speak too much for Tsuranagi, but the addition of Mass Kobo 428/475 to LPGT Ti is magical and has become my "desktop" rig in micro form. Drives everything I throw at it with ease, offering punchy dynamics, incisive technical performance, and an addictive musicality. I've yet to demo Mjölnir, but I would be very surprised if the amp stage of the latter out performs the Mass Kobo (and from everything I read/hear, it doesn't deliver on this level).

The LO on the Ti is so clean it pairs amazingly well with whatever amp it's paired with.
For me, Mjölnir doesn't even compare to LPGT Ti/Mass Kobo 475.

Oct 18, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #3,409 of 3,534
Oct 18, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #3,412 of 3,534
I think Lotoo made a mistake merely multiplying the amp stage they use in LGPT for the Mjolnir. Would have seemed more of an upgrade to have a totally new amp topography...

Did you end up comparing with Hugo 2 also?
I don't know what Lotoo is suggesting, but increasing the power alone is not the best way. I liked the sound of the Hugo 2 more than the Möjlnir, but definitely less than the LPGT Ti/Mass Kobo + Orpheus cable.Additionally, Hugo 2 aesthetically looks like a plastic disco toy from the 1980s and for me this is unacceptable.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #3,413 of 3,534
Additionally, Hugo 2 aesthetically looks like a plastic disco toy from the 1980s and for me this is unacceptable
Ha yes. It's an acquired taste 😂
don't know what Lotoo is suggesting, but increasing the power alone is not the best way.
Shame about the Mjolnir. The design and idea was compelling; the execution less so, it seems.

Oct 18, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #3,414 of 3,534
I think Lotoo made a mistake merely multiplying the amp stage they use in LGPT for the Mjolnir. Would have seemed more of an upgrade to have a totally new amp topography...

Did you end up comparing with Hugo 2 also?
I think that Lotoo wanted to go the way of Sony, but the Sony sound from the Dmp-Z1 obviously has the characteristic sound of this brand, only raised to the maximum in every aspect, which makes for a wonderful sound experience.

Oct 18, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #3,415 of 3,534
Where to buy/listen Mass Kobo products in EU?
Sorry, I'm tired and didn't read that you wrote about buying it. You can buy it in stores in Hungary, Switzerland and I also saw it in Belgium.Of course, these are online stores, so they will ship to Poland without any problems. I will buy it myself, but I want to check Tsuranagi before making a decision.
Personally, I will buy from MusicTec once I decide on everything. I have never encountered such a high level of service anywhere else, which is very important to me.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #3,416 of 3,534
I love my LPGT TI,
today I ordered from Musicteck Tsuranagi amp with Yatono mini
I don't know if will sound better because is very difficult to have a better sound of LPGT TI,for me
Cayin C9 is another portable brick of an amp that does well with the LPGT and Ti. I have always been curious on the Tsurunagi.

For me, Mjölnir doesn't even compare to LPGT Ti/Mass Kobo 475.

Mass Kobo 475, will have to look into this one.

Oct 19, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #3,417 of 3,534
Cayin C9 is another portable brick of an amp that does well with the LPGT and Ti. I have always been curious on the Tsurunagi.
C9 is good and still holds up. But in terms of SS performance, the Mass Kobo is in a totally different league. Desktop amps have come and gone for me, but the Mass Kobo 475/428 outlasts them all. It's probably the biggest upgrade to my set-up aside from headphones/IEMs themselves.

Worth checking out. :beerchug:

Oct 19, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #3,418 of 3,534
Cayin C9 is another portable brick of an amp that does well with the LPGT
Aroma A100TB amp is a great pairing with the LPGT. When the amp is paired with the Power Supply PS100, the chain is so musical. You can change the opamps on the A100TB which is a great advantage with the amp. A couple of folks I know prefer Aroma to the C9.

Oct 19, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #3,419 of 3,534
Aroma A100TB amp is a great pairing with the LPGT. When the amp is paired with the Power Supply PS100, the chain is so musical. You can change the opamps on the A100TB which is a great advantage with the amp. A couple of folks I know prefer Aroma to the C9.
Tsuranagi, Mass Kobo, C9, Aroma each of them is different, which is beautiful that everyone can adjust the sound to their own sonic preferences.

Nov 2, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #3,420 of 3,534
If anyone is looking for a dapper new LPGT case instead of the stock one, I am letting go of the custom brown one pictured below.

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/lpgt-leather-case.56979/

1000004702.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back