Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Sep 18, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #3,377 of 3,533
Jeśli masz LPGT Ti, ale nie słuchałeś zwykłego LPGT, nic nie straciłeś.
Jest to jednak bardzo przybliżone porównanie. W rzeczywistości różnica jest bardziej zauważalna na korzyść Ti. Oczywiste jest, że to uczucie wymaga słuchawek / IEM na odpowiednim poziomie.

A ile jest lekko doskonałego stanu LPGT ( non-ti ), jeśli wybiorę LPGT Ti?
I will try to explain it to you as best as I can. I have experience with large audio equipment for 35 years and have bought many dacs, amplifiers, preamplifiers and cables. The sound differences are very subtle, maybe 10%, for some it will be an advantage in one direction or the other. In the audio world, these 10% means a lot to enthusiasts, unlike normal people. For me, LPGT Ti was better of the ones I chose, for others, LPGT will be better. No one will answer the question which one will be better for you. Over the years, I have learned that you should listen and test And then decide about the purchase, unless you can afford to buy, test and sell with waste money.My last dap was Colorfly many years ago and now I decided to return to the portable hobby, before buying I tested 10 dap (AK, Ibasso, Sony and many other) I chose the three best ones in my opinion for my music, sound preferences and headphones. In the end you have two ways, buy and sell or listen and choose the best one for yourself.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #3,379 of 3,533
Sep 18, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #3,380 of 3,533
Ok @SUBA @jwbrent for "educational" reasons here's the exact copy of On The Night na moim Ti. Nieskompresowany WAV, oznaczony idealnie. Każdy plik we wszystkich moich DAP Lotoo jest oznaczony dokładnie tak, jak widać w tym folderze.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a6...N_TDL_01&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sendgrid

I just listened to it, and gapless works perfectly. Indeed, great sounding album. Please try on your units.
Thank you very much, I will use your file as an example.

Sep 18, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #3,381 of 3,533
Ok @SUBA @jwbrent for "educational" reasons here's the exact copy of On The Night on my Ti. Uncompressed WAV, tagged perfectly. Every file on all my Lotoo DAPs are tagged exactly as you see in this folder.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a6...N_TDL_01&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sendgrid

I just listened to it, and gapless works perfectly. Indeed, great sounding album. Please try on your units.
Gapless working perfect. Much Appreciated... Must be the tagging indeed.

I must say your album sounds remarkably better than my m4a version with more note weight compared to my brighter/thinner album. I use itunes to rip my cds in lossless and my album is around 500mb but your album is just over 800mb. To be honest the difference when i heard your album is like unlocking some LPGT super power sound upgrade 🤣
Do you know what version your album is? I believe mine is a 1997 remaster which I thought sounded great 🙉

Sep 18, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #3,382 of 3,533
Gapless working perfect. Much Appreciated... Must be the tagging indeed.

I must say your album sounds remarkably better than my m4a version with more note weight compared to my brighter/thinner album. I use itunes to rip my cds in lossless and my album is around 500mb but your album is just over 800mb. To be honest the difference when i heard your album is like unlocking some LPGT super power sound upgrade 🤣
Do you know what version your album is? I believe mine is a 1997 remaster which I thought sounded great 🙉
Glad it worked. I'm afraid this means you'll need to tag all your other files, though!

And thanks, glad you liked the rip. I'm a huge fan of WAV format - all sounds more dynamic and more resolving to me, even compared to FLAC. This is the 1st German pressing of the album.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 212800.png

I generally only listen to original mastering aside from some exceptions like Pink Floyd, where the original dynamic range is retained even in recent remastered versions. For better or worse, I've probably spent literally years researching which pressings of various CDs sound best, and likely if you ask me about any album released from 1982 to 1992 I could suggest which version to go for!

Sep 18, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #3,383 of 3,533
Glad it worked. I'm afraid this means you'll need to tag all your other files, though!

And thanks, glad you liked the rip. I'm a huge fan of WAV format - all sounds more dynamic and more resolving to me, even compared to FLAC. This is the 1st German pressing of the album.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 212800.png

I generally only listen to original mastering aside from some exceptions like Pink Floyd, where the original dynamic range is retained even in recent remastered versions. For better or worse, I've probably spent literally years researching which pressings of various CDs sound best, and likely if you ask me about any album released from 1982 to 1992 I could suggest which version to go for!
What do you use to rip WAV format?

I actually have a couple of Dire Straits original release cds. (Dire Straits & Making Movies)
I have done a bit of research months ago and came up with the following versions but I haven't got around to getting them yet.
Communique 1979 Japan Target WB/Sanyo 3330-2
Love Over Gold 1982 Japan Target WB/Sanyo 9 23728-2
Brothers In Arms 1985 Japan for USA WB/Phono 9 25264-2
On Every Street 1991 W.German Target WB 9 25085-2

Sep 18, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #3,384 of 3,533
What do you use to rip WAV format?

I actually have a couple of Dire Straits original release cds. (Dire Straits & Making Movies)
I have done a bit of research months ago and came up with the following versions but I haven't got around to getting them yet.
Communique 1979 Japan Target WB/Sanyo 3330-2
Love Over Gold 1982 Japan Target WB/Sanyo 9 23728-2
Brothers In Arms 1985 Japan for USA WB/Phono 9 25264-2
On Every Street 1991 W.German Target WB 9 25085-2
I use dBpoweramp ripper.

Your CDs look good. I don't think you can go too wrong with first pressings of Dire Straits. Love Over Gold is especially a fantastic sounding album. I did try the SACD versions for all these and the original CDs sounded better in each case, IMO.

Sep 19, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #3,386 of 3,533
Hi.
I just purchased the LPGT, when I try to update via wifi I get error 33. Please advice how on to update the player.

Never seems to work over WiFi. Use the local procedure from the manual: http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/Download/Hi_Fi_Music_Player/2020/0425/79.html

Firmware Update
• Before updating, please make sure the battery power is over 20%.
• Download the firmware file from www.lotoo.cn and copy it to the folder on the SD card. *Location above*
• Enter Settings, click on the software version, then follow the instruction on the screen.

Sep 19, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #3,387 of 3,533
Never seems to work over WiFi. Use the local procedure from the manual: http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/Download/Hi_Fi_Music_Player/2020/0425/79.html

Firmware Update
• Before updating, please make sure the battery power is over 20%.
• Download the firmware file from www.lotoo.cn and copy it to the folder on the SD card. *Location above*
• Enter Settings, click on the software version, then follow the instruction on the screen.
Thank you for the instruction. I copy the downloaded Zip file to a folder name UPGRADE, enter settings, software version. There were no instruction afterward, just the current software number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back