Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Sep 7, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #1,516 of 3,520
Many thanks cooperpwc. Adopted your eq setting in my LPGT. Detailed, dynamic and lucid throughout the spectrum. Cannot do without it now. Thanks again.

I am so pleased to hear this @ppnuts. Thanks for the feedback.

I put the PMEQ setting in my signature as I have been intending for a while. It is there if anyone wants to give it a try.

I am clocking serious time on the LPGT now. I cannot remember enjoying a DAP this much.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #1,517 of 3,520
@cooperpwc

I got curious so I downloaded your setting too. My LPGT sounds like a whole new player again now. SO FUN!

I usually never use any EQ on any player so I was a bit skeptical about this. But I guess I was wrong :D

Sep 8, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #1,518 of 3,520
@cooperpwc

I got curious so I downloaded your setting too. My LPGT sounds like a whole new player again now. SO FUN!

I usually never use any EQ on any player so I was a bit skeptical about this. But I guess I was wrong :D

Thanks @raymogi!

Yes, given the neutral (bland) sound signature of the LPGT out of the box, people have to get past prejudice against EQ to appreciate this fine DAP. It helps that the dedicated Blackfin processor (ADI BF706 DSP) is highly capable for the task.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #1,519 of 3,520
It’s been a while since I touch the LPGT because I was playing with other audio stuffs. I decide to try to the USB Audio out today and it just work. I use a USB C to USB adapter to connect a USB micro cable. USB Audio work on the Stax SRM-D10 and the iFi Micro iDSD Black Label. If you want to play audio from your LPGT to a USB device, it work great although it say it’s still in “beta”.
4HzLZyD.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #1,520 of 3,520
Thanks @raymogi!

Yes, given the neutral (bland) sound signature of the LPGT out of the box, people have to get past prejudice against EQ to appreciate this fine DAP. It helps that the dedicated Blackfin processor (ADI BF706 DSP) is highly capable for the task.
gosh, i just wouldn't describe the lpgt as bland. neutral? yes. bland? no at all. i've tried many of the audio tweaks that the lpgt offers such as xrc, pmeq and ate and i keep returning to no interference. with my iems, the ultimate ears live, lpgt sounds best without any audio tweaking, and i find the sound glorious. i feel like the ue live works very well with lpgt. it's so engaging. so much detail and nuances and so musical. i feel so pleased with the lpgt. i look forward to traveling because that's when i listen to it the most.
bland implies a lack of flavor. a bland meal is likely devoid of joy. the lpgt is a treat and emotional -joyful and evokes pleasure. my $0.02 -which is probably worth less than that.

Sep 8, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #1,522 of 3,520
It’s been a while since I touch the LPGT because I was playing with other audio stuffs. I decide to try to the USB Audio out today and it just work. I use a USB C to USB adapter to connect a USB micro cable. USB Audio work on the Stax SRM-D10 and the iFi Micro iDSD Black Label. If you want to play audio from your LPGT to a USB device, it work great although it say it’s still in “beta”.
4HzLZyD.jpg

Yep. Watching Led Zeppelin's Celebration Day movie with the sound through the USB Audio is pretty damn wonderful.

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #1,523 of 3,520
I am revisiting my entire music collection with wonder, all nicely parked in lossless format on a 512GB SD which is now affordable.
:)
thank you for the thoughtful response. i appreciate your perspective and thoughts about preserving the long-term viability of the lpgt. i sure hope lotoo keeps at it. a challenge that i have with lpgt is that, because i get so excited to rediscover another album, i struggle to listen to entire albums, as i normally do. like you, lpgt has me rediscovering nuggets in music that i thought i knew. i'd also love for the lpgt to make a bigger commercial splash. i plan to checkout your custom eq file. thank you for sharing.

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #1,524 of 3,520
@vault108 Do you have the latest firmware installed? There is no warning screen like that to use USB Audio on my HK firmware version 1.1.1.5. Rather USB DAC is two of the four selections that come up when you plug in the USB cable, with the choice of charging (Computer) or not (Phone). Your screen looks rather primitive by comparison.

USBcrrs.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #1,525 of 3,520
@vault108 Do you have the latest firmware installed? There is no warning screen like that to use USB Audio on my HK firmware version 1.1.1.5. Rather USB DAC is two of the four selections that come up when you plug in the USB cable, with the choice of charging (Computer) or not (Phone). Your screen looks rather primitive by comparison.

I am on the latest firmware. USB Audio was just recently added. The screen you have is not for USB Audio. USB DAC mode play audio to the LPGT. USB Audio play audio on the LPGT to a USB Audio device. Make sure the USB Audio device is on before you plug in the USB-C cable. It should prompt you with the USB Audio screen and click OK. After that, the screen look like a normal playing screen but you still have USB Audio out. There is no overlay.

Sep 9, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #1,526 of 3,520
I am on the latest firmware. USB Audio was just recently added. The screen you have is not for USB Audio. USB DAC mode play audio to the LPGT. USB Audio play audio on the LPGT to a USB Audio device. Make sure the USB Audio device is on before you plug in the USB-C cable. It should prompt you with the USB Audio screen and click OK. After that, the screen look like a normal playing screen but you still have USB Audio out. There is no overlay.

Ah! My misunderstanding. You are way ahead of me on this feature.

I will have to try this feeding Gumby. Very cool!

Sep 10, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #1,527 of 3,520
I visited Jaben here in Shanghai today. They told me that their four stores in China are selling north of 10 units of the LPGT per month which is considered good sales for a DAP in this price range. So that is promising.

Meanwhile my Vannuys case for the LPGT arrived. It's kind of funky and lets me use my LPGT naked which I prefer. The included leather case in nice (and fits inside the Vannuys case if you want) but I like the tactile feel of the Touch's buttons. When I am at a table, I like the Touch in its diminutive state, with just some protective 1.5mm bumpers on its bottom. I also got a leather belt loop for my long walks when I am on business trips. (My GF says this is very 1980s.)

1.jpg
6a.jpg

2-3.jpg

4-5.jpg

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #1,528 of 3,520
Sorry if i hijack this thread a bit but:

Am i crazy for thinking of getting the Lotoo PAW 5000 MK2 today? It has very good reviews but those reviews are also a few years old and im not sure how it stacks up to say the HiBy R5 for example.
The battery ofc is a big draw back, but i love the software from what i have seen in reviews and i think i can live with 5-6h battery life. I am super duper picky about the Android software and i dont think i can live with bugs and slow performance or simply have to klick something multiple times.
Then we have the AK DAPs, but those are too expensive for me...

I recently revivided my Sansa Clip+ with rockbox and it's all that i want but i want better output performance and i bigger display. But my point is that i do fine with rockbox, i dont need "fancy" functions.
I would love to get the Lotoo PAW Gold (not touch) but thats just to expensive aswell.

Also im using Etymotic ER4SR and im not sure how those pair with the PAW 5000 MK2. Have you guys tried this combo?
I looked at "Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews" on youtube who reviewed the unit and one person in the comments talks about an 5000 MK3. Does anyone know if there is such a thing in the making? Im afraid to buy the MK2 today and in 2-3 months there will be a MK3 with bigger battery for example. That would drive me crazy. Im thinking that since the MK2 have a few years history, maybe its time for MK3?

Lotoo PAW 6000 seems nice but thats a bit too expensive still. Maybe that is the "MK3"...

@Hawaiibadboy i would love to hear your take on this since i trust your judgement 100%. Am i crazy for getting the 5000 MK2 today? A good player is a good player but you know... :)

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #1,529 of 3,520
Sorry if i hijack this thread a bit but:

Am i crazy for thinking of getting the Lotoo PAW 5000 MK2 today? It has very good reviews but those reviews are also a few years old and im not sure how it stacks up to say the HiBy R5 for example.
The battery ofc is a big draw back, but i love the software from what i have seen in reviews and i think i can live with 5-6h battery life. I am super duper picky about the Android software and i dont think i can live with bugs and slow performance or simply have to klick something multiple times.
Then we have the AK DAPs, but those are too expensive for me...

I recently revivided my Sansa Clip+ with rockbox and it's all that i want but i want better output performance and i bigger display. But my point is that i do fine with rockbox, i dont need "fancy" functions.
I would love to get the Lotoo PAW Gold (not touch) but thats just to expensive aswell.

Also im using Etymotic ER4SR and im not sure how those pair with the PAW 5000 MK2. Have you guys tried this combo?
I looked at "Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews" on youtube who reviewed the unit and one person in the comments talks about an 5000 MK3. Does anyone know if there is such a thing in the making? Im afraid to buy the MK2 today and in 2-3 months there will be a MK3 with bigger battery for example. That would drive me crazy. Im thinking that since the MK2 have a few years history, maybe its time for MK3?

Lotoo PAW 6000 seems nice but thats a bit too expensive still. Maybe that is the "MK3"...

@Hawaiibadboy i would love to hear your take on this since i trust your judgement 100%. Am i crazy for getting the 5000 MK2 today? A good player is a good player but you know... :)

Get the 5ooMkII

It's a beast and had the DSP Blackfin chip for PEQ. Fantastic DAP. The best for EQ users

Sep 27, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #1,530 of 3,520
Why is this thread so quiet? Are you guys not enjoying your LPGT? Come on guys I need some motivation to purchase this DAP I've been eyeing for a while. :ksc75smile::o2smile: Have they fixed all the software issues with the latest FW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back