Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jul 21, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #766 of 1,457
I really hope that one day they make an upgraded version of this player so it includes Tidal. :)
Hm, I very much hope they don't go down this path. There's plenty of streaming Android type daps out there, including your smartphone, which can do all this. I hope Lotoo maintain a "pure" focus on locally stored music.

Incidentally, just got an additional case for mine from the Thinking Group in Hong Kong.

20200721_115347.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #767 of 1,457
Hm, I very much hope they don't go down this path. There's plenty of streaming Android type daps out there, including your smartphone, which can do all this. I hope Lotoo maintain a "pure" focus on locally stored music.

Incidentally, just got an additional case for mine from the Thinking Group in Hong Kong.

20200721_115347.jpg
I agree with you and that's one sweet looking case!

Jul 26, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #768 of 1,457
I like my Lotoo PAW S1 so much I decided to take the plunge on one of these. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #769 of 1,457
I liked my Lotoo PAW S1 so much I too the plunge on one of these. Wish me luck.
I think you will come to really enjoy it, grats on the new toy!

Jul 27, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #770 of 1,457
Solaris SE (thats fantastic collaboration, my everyday setup).

This is encouraging...I have a LP6K on the way and the Solaris SE is my favorite IEM :)

Jul 29, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #773 of 1,457
I'll be getting mine next week, courtesy of MusicTeck. Late July is always a dangerous month for my wallet as I tend to splurge prior to my b-day.

One of attributes of the 6K that sold me is the identicle output power. I went through crazy phases of all-or-nothing balance, but came full circle with SE. It just sounds more natural to my ears.

Jul 29, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #774 of 1,457
I'll be getting mine next week, courtesy of MusicTeck. Late July is always a dangerous month for my wallet as I tend to splurge prior to my b-day.

One of attributes of the 6K that sold me is the identicle output power. I went through crazy phases of all-or-nothing balance, but came full circle with SE. It just sounds more natural to my ears.

Am I reading this correctly, coming from someone who makes cables? :wink:

Jul 29, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #775 of 1,457
Strange, but true.

I've been DAPless for a while with just my LG G8. It's good, but in the end not good enough. There's way too much delta between my desktop sound quality and G8. I've convinced myself long enough that the convenience of a nice sounding smartphone was worth the SQ compromise - no more.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #776 of 1,457
Am I reading this correctly, coming from someone who makes cables? :wink:
Interestingly, you know how big @flinkenick was on cables and he ended up going full circle back to SE as well. (I'm still very happy using balanced on the LP6K with the 2.5-4.4mm adapter @alpha421 made and I got as a gift from a friend.)

Jul 29, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #777 of 1,457
I'm currently recovering from an "SE only phase" and just picked up a 4.4mm cable to use with my Solaris SE when my LP6K arrives (hopefully this morning). The truth is I find something very satisfying about inserting a 4.4mm cable and prefer the gold connectors that CFA uses on theirs. If the sound is also improved, that is a bonus. That said I've read from a few people that the already black background of the 6K is slightly blacker through the balanced out, which is great news if true.

Jul 29, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #778 of 1,457
I'm currently recovering from an "SE only phase" and just picked up a 4.4mm cable to use with my Solaris SE when my LP6K arrives (hopefully this morning). The truth is I find something very satisfying about inserting a 4.4mm cable and prefer the gold connectors that CFA uses on theirs. If the sound is also improved, that is a bonus. That said I've read from a few people that the already black background of the 6K is slightly blacker through the balanced out, which is great news if true.

Yes I also ordered a Super Smokey Litz in 4.4mm for my Lotoo players and I would say the soundstage has widened or deepened, and the mids have really come out (vocals and mid-centric instruments).

Jul 29, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #779 of 1,457
Strange, but true.

I've been DAPless for a while with just my LG G8. It's good, but in the end not good enough. There's way too much delta between my desktop sound quality and G8. I've convinced myself long enough that the convenience of a nice sounding smartphone was worth the SQ compromise - no more.

Well, as you know, it all comes down to a design of the source :) With recent trends of some daps offering all-you-can-eat headphone jack terminations, in some cases it is done just for convenience. But when a manufacturer who understands the analog ckt design and makes a distinction in technical sound performance of SE vs BAL, as they say: once you go balanced - you never look back :wink:

And, off-topic, heard great things about your cardas-wire pwa-1960 killer cables :D

Jul 29, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #780 of 1,457
Indeed. Implementation is key to the final sound, which is a lot harder to determine with anything that's integrated.

For fun, I'll try the 4.4mm. In my general experience, balance messes up the stage with iems that has an "in your head" presentation. Not so with my Radisoso. Same goes with the Tia Fourte from memory. However, due to my desktop SE amp, I'll most likely stick with the SE cable as I don't "cable roll" much, and I prefer not to use an adapter/cable to lessen a link in the chain.

Yeah, the Cardas project was fun, but the nail has been hammered in its coffin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back