Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
May 2, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #571 of 1,457
I am wondering how it sounds compared to the daps. If same sound signature, it is an inexpensive way to hear for myself. It would also give me streaming from my phone, which my current daps can not accomplish.

Yeah curious to see if it sounds similar, I wouldn't think it would but it seems like it would be a good option if you want to use one device only, phone ect.

May 3, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #572 of 1,457
I use a Dragonfly Red when I only want to deal with the phone. It’s nice but it isn’t thrilling so I’d give this a try for sure. I’m iPhone so I assume there are short lightning to usb c cables?

I looks like it has volume control by the +\- buttons and vol 40 on the screen? That would be nice as iPhone volume is rough and Dragonfly relies on player volume control; no gain adjustment either.

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #574 of 1,457
I use a Dragonfly Red when I only want to deal with the phone. It’s nice but it isn’t thrilling so I’d give this a try for sure. I’m iPhone so I assume there are short lightning to usb c cables?
Came across this. Perhaps interesting.
MusicTeck.png

May 4, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #575 of 1,457
Hi all. I found some contradictory information about this dap. Hopefully you can help me:

Can it run Tidal?
Can it play mqa?
Can it do both things through usb to a external DAC properly?

Thank you very much.

May 4, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #576 of 1,457
Hi all. I found some contradictory information about this dap. Hopefully you can help me:

Can it run Tidal?
Can it play mqa?
Can it do both things through usb to a DAC properly?

Thank you very much.

It cannot sideload any streaming apps as the OS is a custom one made by Lotoo, no Android! It is basically a pure music player.

May 4, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #578 of 1,457
Ok... Thank you so much for your quick and straight answer.

Well, that was the answer to your first 2 questions :wink: PAW6k, just like LPGT, can be used as USB DAC or as a wireless Bluetooth DAC paired up with your phone. Thus you can stream, but not directly from these Lotoo DAPs. So, you can run Tidal or any other streaming app remotely, except no full MQA unfolding.

May 16, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #582 of 1,457
I actually believe the latest update patch for the Lotoo fixed the pixelated look for image resolutions higher than 480x480, I haven't tested anything bigger than 480 recently but I will take a look now.
Does anyone have any tips on how to re-size album art to 480 x 480? Im on an Apple computer and I have ~ 500 albums that need to be updated.

May 16, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #583 of 1,457
Does anyone have any tips on how to re-size album art to 480 x 480? Im on an Apple computer and I have ~ 500 albums that need to be updated.

If you use the popular MP3tag program to tag audio files, you can do a quick convert when tagging your files by right clicking the album art section and pressing convert and you can choose the size you want in pixels, don't forget to save that into the file(s) afterwards.

That only converts it in low res quality though, with Windows 10 default photo editor program you can resize images in higher quality.

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #584 of 1,457
if dBpoweramp work on macOS, you can try that maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back