Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Apr 19, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #541 of 1,457
A variable adjustable Line Out is also a useful feature for those with portable external amp modules without volume control, like balanced Oriolus BA300. In that case you can go straight from 4.4mm LO and use volume wheel of PAW6k to adjust the actual volume by controlling the input to the amp.
I've never used amps before, so forgive me for my ignorance, but what's the different of just having a variable volume balanced out vs a variable volume line out through the same plug?

Apr 19, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #542 of 1,457
I've never used amps before, so forgive me for my ignorance, but what's the different of just having a variable volume balanced out vs a variable volume line out through the same plug?

DAP is a compact self-contained audio player which has internal digital audio decoding, digital to analog conversion (DAC), and headphone amplifier. LO is the output from a DAC, bypassing the internal headphone amp so you can apply your own sound coloring and amplification externally. HO is output of DAC/head-amp internal to your DAP. When you connect another external amplifier to HO, you are going through double-amping, using internal and external two-stage amplification which can introduce distortion and other sound artifacts. The cleaner way to drive external amp is to use LO directly from the DAC.

And if you want to drive external DAC/amp, you can use your DAP as a digital transport, if it supports either coax output or digital audio (usb-c) output.

So, for example, you can either use PAW6k headphone output to drive your headphones directly, or you can use its LO to drive external amp, or you can use its digital audio usb-c interface to drive external DAC/amp. Pick and choose!

lotoo_paw6k-36.jpg
lotoo_paw6k-10.jpg
lotoo_paw6k-08.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #543 of 1,457
DAP is a compact self-contained audio player which has internal digital audio decoding, digital to analog conversion (DAC), and headphone amplifier. LO is the output from a DAC, bypassing the internal headphone amp so you can apply your own sound coloring and amplification externally. HO is output of DAC/head-amp internal to your DAP. When you connect another external amplifier to HO, you are going through double-amping, using internal and external two-stage amplification which can introduce distortion and other sound artifacts. The cleaner way to drive external amp is to use LO directly from the DAC.

And if you want to drive external DAC/amp, you can use your DAP as a digital transport, if it supports either coax output or digital audio (usb-c) output.

So, for example, you can either use PAW6k headphone output to drive your headphones directly, or you can use its LO to drive external amp, or you can use its digital audio usb-c interface to drive external DAC/amp. Pick and choose!

lotoo_paw6k-36.jpg
lotoo_paw6k-10.jpg
lotoo_paw6k-08.jpg
makes sense thank you!

Apr 20, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #544 of 1,457
Is it just me that my paw6k slow loading the images when scrolling through?
I have the Samsung microSD Evo select 512GB

i like the hipdac but returning it in favor of the paw6k :)
IMG-4580.jpg

Apr 20, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #545 of 1,457
Is it just me that my paw6k slow loading the images when scrolling through?
I have the Samsung microSD Evo select 512GB

i like the hipdac but returning it in favor of the paw6k :)
IMG-4580.jpg

I used to have had that happen before I adjusted the album art.

As long as the album art is set to 480 x 480 pixels (which is the PAW 6000's native resolution) it should load pretty fast with no issues.

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #546 of 1,457
I used to have had that happen before I adjusted the album art.

As long as the album art is set to 480 x 480 pixels (which is the PAW 6000's native resolution) it should load pretty fast with no issues.
I will give it a try. Thanks!

Apr 24, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #547 of 1,457
PAW Gold Touch Ver. 1.1.1.9
PAW 6000 Ver. 1.2.0.6

1. UI optimization&new features
New feature:"UI Theme Color".
New feature:"Screen Flipping".
Solve the bug that DAP will power off when using Bluetooth/USB DAC without storage card installed.
2. System optimization
Database stability optimized.
Solve the bug that when "Seamless playback" and "Shuffle" are chosen at the same time, DAP will play one song repeatedly sometimes.

http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/Download/

Thanks for posting that update as I have been annoyed with the same 2 tracks coming up in shuffle after shutting it down and turning it back up.

Apr 25, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #548 of 1,457
Could someone help by explaining single repeat and sequence as playback options. I assume shuffle is what it is, and list loop keeps playing a list over and over, but the other two are not clear. I usually like my player to stop at the end of an album so hopefully that is one of the other two.

I also assume the File Transfer mode connected USB to your computer gets you access to your inserted card, so a way to add and subtract files from the card without removing it?

Apr 25, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #549 of 1,457
Could someone help by explaining single repeat and sequence as playback options. I assume shuffle is what it is, and list loop keeps playing a list over and over, but the other two are not clear. I usually like my player to stop at the end of an album so hopefully that is one of the other two.

I also assume the File Transfer mode connected USB to your computer gets you access to your inserted card, so a way to add and subtract files from the card without removing it?
Swipe left on any file/folder and there should be a delete option

Apr 27, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #550 of 1,457
Joining the Lotoo train too.

I can't seem to find any details, but it looks like the Lotoo OS won't read embedded album art formatted as progressive jpeg similar to the WM1A?

*Edit* Looks like the issue is progressive jpegs. ID3 v2.4 tags are fine on the Paw 6K as well.

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #551 of 1,457
What method for updating the firmware do people like best? For downloading the file via the computer it appears you are supposed to create a folder on your micro sd card called Upgrade and put it there. Is that correct? Thanks

May 1, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #552 of 1,457
What method for updating the firmware do people like best? For downloading the file via the computer it appears you are supposed to create a folder on your micro sd card called Upgrade and put it there. Is that correct? Thanks

The update launcher on the device itself is easy enough to use. I would say just update through the device on wifi.

May 1, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #553 of 1,457

OTA been good so far. No need to download or copy anything. Wireless update is fast and painless.

May 1, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #554 of 1,457
I appreciate this is a Lotoo thread but would be interested in anyone’s opinion on Lotoo PAW6000 versus Ak Kann Cube ?

THANKS

May 1, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #555 of 1,457
Another basic question sorry, but is there any advantage to using a root folder say named Music or A-Z vs. just your music files at the root. I have been more Folders based and it seems to auto load to first artist and so rather than go back I tried A-Z but that does not seem to solve it; I have not updated firmware, maybe I need to do that but was curious if people have a preferred method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back