Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
May 1, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #556 of 1,457
I appreciate this is a Lotoo thread but would be interested in anyone’s opinion on Lotoo PAW6000 versus Ak Kann Cube ?

THANKS

I tried the Kann Cube and while the Kann Cube is a thick fat dap with a lot of output power, the mids are more forward, the treble and bass is present but not too pronounced as I would like it to be. The Lotoo on the other hand has much more of a natural tuning and I've come to like the more "reference sound" of the Lotoo players.
Another basic question sorry, but is there any advantage to using a root folder say named Music or A-Z vs. just your music files at the root. I have been more Folders based and it seems to auto load to first artist and so rather than go back I tried A-Z but that does not seem to solve it; I have not updated firmware, maybe I need to do that but was curious if people have a preferred method.

I don't think it would matter, the Lotoo only reads and sorts by file name at this time and they would normally just sort from A-Z and numerically.

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #557 of 1,457
I don't think it would matter, the Lotoo only reads and sorts by file name at this time and they would normally just sort from A-Z and numerically.
Thanks, I have my folders by Artist, then sub folders with albums in those. I guess I am trained to use folder view as I found it was better that way in the X5ii. I just took a look at Artist view and it seems cleaner and what I expect, the first screen being your list of artists from the top. Folder view seems to pick an album somewhere near the top of your artists to open with and you have to backspace from there; again maybe that is fixed in a firmware update so I will double check that next.

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #558 of 1,457
I have read post mentioning that images have to be saved as the native resolution of the LP6k. All mine are 800x800 as that is the size I found to be good with everything else. I really don't want to keep two different sets of music to meet the LP6k resolution and everything else I have.

Is it really a problem using 800x800 embedded FLAC images with the LP6K?

May 1, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #559 of 1,457
I have read post mentioning that images have to be saved as the native resolution of the LP6k. All mine are 800x800 as that is the size I found to be good with everything else. I really don't want to keep two different sets of music to meet the LP6k resolution and everything else I have.

Is it really a problem using 800x800 embedded FLAC images with the LP6K?

I actually believe the latest update patch for the Lotoo fixed the pixelated look for image resolutions higher than 480x480, I haven't tested anything bigger than 480 recently but I will take a look now.

May 1, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #560 of 1,457
I actually believe the latest update patch for the Lotoo fixed the pixelated look for image resolutions higher than 480x480, I haven't tested anything bigger than 480 recently but I will take a look now.

Thanks.

May 1, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #561 of 1,457
I’ve only been able to listen to 4.4 balanced line out into some Genelec 8010s where I’m upgrading from the fiio x5ii that was 3.5 to xlr into the same, but hot damn this is a great player. Down the road I’ll be playing etymotics on this, but this balanced into powered speakers was a key reason for this choice and it’s aces back to back right out of the gate.

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #562 of 1,457
it is faster to load the album art when they are resized to 480x480 and less pixelated due to resolution of the player.
i know it's minor thing but hopefully they'll improve this

May 1, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #563 of 1,457

Sorry for the late reply but I can comfirm that images with resolutions higher than 480 x 480 will still appear pixelated, a 500 x 500 image will still look pixelated although I had 1200 x 1200 images still load pretty fast.

May 1, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #564 of 1,457
Sorry for the late reply but I can comfirm that images with resolutions higher than 480 x 480 will still appear pixelated, a 500 x 500 image will still look pixelated although I had 1200 x 1200 images still load pretty fast.

Thanks. Mine are all 800x800

May 2, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #569 of 1,457
Cool, that's good. I was just more worried about the actual USB connection and whether it would fit okay.

It's usb-c, should be universal. I have S9 as well, can't wait to try it, hopefully soon.

May 2, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #570 of 1,457
It's usb-c, should be universal. I have S9 as well, can't wait to try it, hopefully soon.

I am wondering how it sounds compared to the daps. If same sound signature, it is an inexpensive way to hear for myself. It would also give me streaming from my phone, which my current daps can not accomplish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back