Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jun 6, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #601 of 1,457
i expect that you feel quite pleased with the lp6k. awesome player
Yes, I am sure I will be more than pleased. I've been really happy with the M5S and the AK120 before that - this should be a large step up and there was nothing wrong with the previous DAPs. Appreciate the comments

Jun 6, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #602 of 1,457
Somewhere I read shabling M6 pro sounds quite similar to Lotoo Paw 6000, is it true?
I dont know about the LP6000 but I've ready multiple comparisons with the Cayin N6ii - In terms of similarity. I think I remember reading somewhere a similarity between the Cayin and the Lotoo, so therefore it could be. What I find really appealing about the LP6000 is the output power from both balanced and single ended and the Battery life. On all my previous DAPS, they had dual DACS but I only got the benefit of 2 DACs if I change cables. I only use IEMS with a DAP anyway so the 2nd Chip means nothing to me. I wasnt using it anyway because moving to a balanced cable cut my battery life. So this single DAC with the sufficiently large output power, and all the circuitry, I'm sure will be plenty of juice with very satisfying sound. And as soon as airtravel gets back to some new state of normalcy, there will be a lot of time up in the air with this baby!

Jun 7, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #604 of 1,457
Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #605 of 1,457
tks everyone, also looking for a iem around USD 1500 to replace my close to dead ie800s, any recommendations?
What are you looking for in terms of sound signature. I never heard the IE800S myself, so don't know that much about them and maybe you are looking for something a bit different?

Jun 7, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #607 of 1,457
I'm in a similar boat but looking to replace my aging IE8s. Been eyeing the new Campfire Audio Ara but want to audition them first...
Have you heard of the itsfit Fusion? Check out the forum Itsfit Fusion $950 will get you far more than $950. They're an exceptionally well executed Tri-Brid Deep, rich detailed resolving and wide. Just sold my universals and re-ordered CIEMS to replace them

Jun 7, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #609 of 1,457
Hi, what do u think about LotooPaw 6000 comparatively to DTR1?

Hey, thanks for asking.

Dethonray Dtr1 is very good sounding dap and so is LP6K. LP6K is better that Dtr1 in sound comparison. Lotoo has a very natural tuning which I enjoy. Both device are powerful enough to drive most of the iems.

Lotoo has a 2 second boot time and has extremely fast and clean UI which is an edge over Dtr1s button clicks. Lotoo has a bigger screen too. Search on Lotoo is extremely fast, you don't get search in Dtr1. So user interface is clear winner in Lotoo. There is just a lot of button clicks on Dtr1.

Battery in Dtr1 is nearly 6 hours while in Lotoo is 15 hours which is again much useful and you don't have to charge it that often. A full charge on Lotoo can last to 3-4 days of listening.

Both devices are very handy and don't have a lot of weight. Lotoo is bigger in size and it is little heavy too compared to Dtr1. It's a lot less in weight if compared to Cayin N6ii. Dtr1 is extremely handy as it is very small and is lighter than LP6K.

With Lotoo you get a leather case, you don't get any case with Dtr1.

Lotoo is extremely well built stable device while Dtr1 has some issues. My Dtr1 died all of a sudden and couple of other folks too reported the same. The battery is bit troublesome there and I believe there is a lot of qc issues with Dtr1. Personally, I would be hesitant to buy devices as Dtr1, the device literally died within 5-6 months of use. I am sure, Anson did a great job building the first dap and after couple of more products I am confident he will bring out something great, but not yet.

Even if Dtr1 costs a lot less than LP6K but trust me Lotoo is much much better in all aspects.

I had owned N6II briefly but felt it was too bulky for me. I sold it later. LP6K is a better sounding dap than N6ii. That android is not of much use, at least for me. To me Android is more of distraction. For plain music listening, LP6K is just too great. Lotoo is such a perfectly built dap - design, hardware, user interface, sound - everything is just awesome there.

I hope I have explained in detail. Let me know if you want to know anything.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #610 of 1,457
Have you heard of the itsfit Fusion? Check out the forum Itsfit Fusion $950 will get you far more than $950. They're an exceptionally well executed Tri-Brid Deep, rich detailed resolving and wide. Just sold my universals and re-ordered CIEMS to replace them

One of my friends own it, the universal fit one. He says its brilliant iem. Got to try it sometime. @rishabhgkp if you could give some pointers.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #611 of 1,457
Hey, thanks for asking.

Dethonray Dtr1 is very good sounding dap and so is LP6K. LP6K is better that Dtr1 in sound comparison. Lotoo has a very natural tuning which I enjoy. Both device are powerful enough to drive most of the iems.

Lotoo has a 2 second boot time and has extremely fast and clean UI which is an edge over Dtr1s button clicks. Lotoo has a bigger screen too. Search on Lotoo is extremely fast, you don't get search in Dtr1. So user interface is clear winner in Lotoo. There is just a lot of button clicks on Dtr1.

Battery in Dtr1 is nearly 6 hours while in Lotoo is 15 hours which is again much useful and you don't have to charge it that often. A full charge on Lotoo can last to 3-4 days of listening.

Both devices are handy and don't have a lot of weight. Lotoo is bigger in size but it has a great size too. It's a lot less in weight if compared to Cayin N6ii. Dtr1 is extremely handy as it is very small and is lighter than LP6K.

With Lotoo you get a leather case, you don't get any case with Dtr1.

Lotoo is extremely well built stable device while Dtr1 has some issues. My Dtr1 died all of a sudden and couple of other folks too reported the same. The battery is bit troublesome there and I believe there is a lot of qc issues with Dtr1. Personally, I would be hesitant to buy devices as Dtr1, the device literally died within 5-6 months of use. I am sure, Anson did a great job building the first dap and after couple of more products I am confident he will bring out something great, but not yet.

Even if Dtr1 costs a lot less than LP6K but trust me Lotoo is much much better in all aspects.

I had owned N6II briefly but felt it was too bulky for me. I sold it later. LP6K is a better sounding dap than N6ii. That android is not of much use, at least for me. To me Android is more of distraction. For plain music listening, LP6K is just too great. Lotoo is such a perfectly built dap - design, hardware, user interface, sound - everything is just awesome there.

I hope I have explained in detail. Let me know if you want to know anything.

Thanks.
Thank you for your answer, I was interested on the DTR1, and didn’t know about that sudden death.

Jun 13, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #612 of 1,457
BT-Receiver on lp6k still works only with sbc or not? Bt-streming works definitely good with LDAC. Using LDAC-receiver on hiby r3 is good experience with tidal. Want to use it with lotoo, but not with sbc.

Jun 16, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #613 of 1,457
I currently have a Sony WM1A and while I love the sound, I'd love to know from someone who owns the LP6K a few things:
- Can you navigate to an album, artist.. whatever list of songs and "Add next" to the current playing list?
- Can you "Add to queue" (end of current playing list)?
- Can you do the same to an artist or entire album?
- When using it in USB DAC mode with a computer / phone / tablet, is there any delay / out of sync situation?
(The Sony adds a second or so of delay - no issue for music but terrible for videos)

- If anyone has / had the WM1A and the LP6K - how do you find the general usability / navigation / software?

- How's the battery life in actual use?

Many thanks! I'm really tempted to put my WM1A up for sale for a LP6K...

Jun 16, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #614 of 1,457
How's the frequency response meter on the now playing page? Is it actually responsive enough to help with EQing? Or, is it more like just a cool visual?

Jun 16, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #615 of 1,457
I currently have a Sony WM1A and while I love the sound, I'd love to know from someone who owns the LP6K a few things:
- Can you navigate to an album, artist.. whatever list of songs and "Add next" to the current playing list?
- Can you "Add to queue" (end of current playing list)?
- Can you do the same to an artist or entire album?
- When using it in USB DAC mode with a computer / phone / tablet, is there any delay / out of sync situation?
(The Sony adds a second or so of delay - no issue for music but terrible for videos)

- If anyone has / had the WM1A and the LP6K - how do you find the general usability / navigation / software?

- How's the battery life in actual use?

Many thanks! I'm really tempted to put my WM1A up for sale for a LP6K...
I have been using WM1A for over 2 years, and brought my LP6K few weeks ago. WM1A battery life is still the best, I guess at least over 10 hours, not sure how long LP6K can last for, but close to 10 hours. For sound, its depends on the iem you pair with, my pairing are LP6K+sennheiser ie 800s and WM1A + Sony M9. I have DX200+AMP8, ak320+amp (sold), LP6K driving ie 800s give the best sound (ie 800s is a diffuclt iem to drive for most player, even WM1A). LP6K UI/Software is smooth and better than Sony, LP6K start up time is only few seconds...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back