Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Feb 4, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #453 of 889
Hi everyone,
I've been using my lotto paw 5K since June/July 2015.
So far I've never had any issue with the firmware bug.
However, today, suddenly my lotto decided to crash / freeze during playing song.
I can't shut it off. The screen keep turned on.

Anyone knows how to hard reset / remove paw 5k battery?

EDIT:
solved. I just read that lotoo has a hard reset button on the bottom. :)
Cheers.

Feb 4, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #454 of 889
  Hi everyone,
I've been using my lotto paw 5K since June/July 2015.
So far I've never had any issue with the firmware bug.
However, today, suddenly my lotto decided to crash / freeze during playing song.
I can't shut it off. The screen keep turned on.

Anyone knows how to hard reset / remove paw 5k battery?

There's a tiny hole at the bottom that houses the reset button. 

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #455 of 889
Feb 5, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #457 of 889

I was under the impression this was the cheapest balanced out DAP;

http://penonaudio.com/music-mp3-players/Portable/HiFiMAN-HM-700-16G

HM700 (and also GeekOut V2 usb dacs) uses HiFiMan own 3.5mm balanced wired TRRS connection, while the rest adapted 2.5mm TRRS A&K wiring (AK120/240/380, PAW500, N5, L3, X7 balanced amp module, and probably DX200).

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #458 of 889

HM700 (and also GeekOut V2 usb dacs) uses HiFiMan own 3.5mm balanced wired TRRS connection, while the rest adapted 2.5mm TRRS A&K wiring (AK120/240/380, PAW500, N5, L3, X7 balanced amp module, and probably DX200).

I am completely ignorant to balanced outputs. I own a AP100, i'm very satisfied on the most part, but curiosity wants me to try a balanced connection. I own the PFE 232's, I don't think these can be balanced...

What is a good recommendation of pairing both DAP and IEM to experience balanced output?

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #459 of 889

I am completely ignorant to balanced outputs. I own a AP100, i'm very satisfied on the most part, but curiosity wants me to try a balanced connection. I own the PFE 232's, I don't think these can be balanced...

What is a good recommendation of pairing both DAP and IEM to experience balanced output?

Not sure if you really need it
biggrin.gif
  I mean, for a full size demanding cans driving them balanced from a powerful amp gives more power, that's understandable.  Even for little DAPs, for example AK120i, you get more power from balanced output.  But so many DAPs already powerful enough, thus it will hiss more with sensitive IEMs/CIEMs.  Another argument is cleaner sound since you are not referencing signal to the ground but rather "hot" signal to complimentary "cold" signal.  The effect could be really subtle, and it goes back to the fact that so many high end multi-driver IEMs/CIEMs are very sensitive and pickup hissing and some sources don't have a perfect black background, and so on.  AK120ii has a perfect black background but honestly it's hard to tell if it has cleaner sound in balanced.  PAW5000 is not a high res DAP, so don't expect reference quality sound.  N5 balanced output is not hiss free either.  All eyes are on L&P L3 upcoming release.  Will see, hopefully will get my hands on a review sample in a month.  Oh, and the last but not least is soundstage expansion (width) which sometime is limited by a bottleneck of your headphones staging performance.  I personally do hear wider sound with balanced output, but it could be subjective.

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #464 of 889
Just now you're limited to browsing by folder, but it is possible to create playlists of your favourite tracks and play those tracks sequentially or at random.

Thanks for the info. Now I'm really tempted to buy. I organized my files by folder so that's a big plus..
How about its firmware? Does it have any bugs or any issues?

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #465 of 889
Thanks for the info. Now I'm really tempted to buy. I organized my files by folder so that's a big plus..
How about its firmware? Does it have any bugs or any issues?

I'd start at the beginning of this thread and see what's what TBH :) There's just too much good info on this for someone else to try and repeat it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back