Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
May 25, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #121 of 889
  Well said...i would never think about strapping an amp on...i think we may have turned the corner on that issue (hopefully)...as the new DAP's i have listened to are more

than capable now....

By the way, well spoken on your main point BUT where did you get robbed???

For audio purposes or any other reason, never been a fan of strap ons.

I was robbed many years ago in NY after stepping off the subway.

May 26, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #129 of 889
Well yeah. The wait for the "wave" is absolutely horrible. I don't need a fish telling me what a fantastic job they are doing hiring new PR guys or new designers. I just need my player. Thank goodness I only committed for the basic model. Never again g**k. Never again. ~I digress

Isn't unreliability par for the course with crowd funded enterprises? 

May 26, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #130 of 889
just some simple comments after some brief listening.

the paw5k is a different creature from paw gold, with the paw gold being a techinicality beast while the paw5k is a more musical animal. for those who are seeking extremely fine details with top notch clarity like ak240/240ss/paw gold, this player might not be suitable for you but at only 1/3 of the price of many totl players, i would recommend the paw5k to you if you got some extra cash to spare for a different listening experience.

the paw5k is tuned more towards pop/mainstream music. the most outstanding part of the player is its midrange dynamics. notes were well layered and dont sound congested at all, which is what amazed me because its performance surely doesnt match what its price tag suggest (in a good way). it plays bass and mids portion relatively well without missing any obvious details though the clarity might be lacking for some. but after some time, i realised the minute details were actually there but it just isn't as pronounced. and this is partly due to the slightly poorer separation. but when compared with other competitor dap of similar price, i would easily pick this over the rest (even in several techincal aspects). one point that i find unsatisfied with is the noise floor presence can be quite irritating.

May 26, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #131 of 889
A friend of mine recommended dita truth/dita answer this the PAW 5000. He said with either one we are in for a great musical threat.

While I did not have a suitable pairing with dita truth I am looking forward to trying it with PAW 5000. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back