Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Jun 5, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #151 of 889
It feels great in the hand, much better looking in person, and VERY light.
The UI is more or less same as the PAW Gold, sound is more forward, musical and engagin but of course not as "high-end" as the PAW Gold, not that solid and very deep bass. For the price it is a real killer, much better than the DX90 from my point of view. Battery life seems to be pretty good, after 4 hours of playing (from 100%) I have now 82%...

PAW 5000 vs. AK100 II (size comparison)

Jun 8, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #157 of 889
The DAC of Lotoo PAW 5000 is a audio codec TI TLV320AIC3105 (Low-Power Stereo CODEC with 6 Inputs, 6 Outputs, HP Amp and Enhanced Digital Effects)

Jun 8, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #158 of 889
It feels great in the hand, much better looking in person, and VERY light.
The UI is more or less same as the PAW Gold, sound is more forward, musical and engagin but of course not as "high-end" as the PAW Gold, not that solid and very deep bass. For the price it is a real killer, much better than the DX90 from my point of view. Battery life seems to be pretty good, after 4 hours of playing (from 100%) I have now 82%...

PAW 5000 vs. AK100 II (size comparison)

Could you post some paw vs. dx90 details ?

Jun 9, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #159 of 889
Could you post some paw vs. dx90 details ?

Hi, both are good DAPs for the price, but I prefer the simple UI and response of the PAW 5000, it is also more of my sound preference, with a better vocal performance and more musical sound.
I like to click the "start" button and ready to play in 2-3 seconds, that's a pleassure...

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #161 of 889
Hi, both are good DAPs for the price, but I prefer the simple UI and response of the PAW 5000, it is also more of my sound preference, with a better vocal performance and more musical sound.
I like to click the "start" button and ready to play in 2-3 seconds, that's a pleassure...

I liked my DX90 as well but it lacked some musical color for lack of better word. I heard lots but never really got as involved as I wanted.

Thx for the update. Dx90 was one of the most warm/musical daps that I tested so I guess I'll have to test the Lotoo too .. may be too 'musical' for me .. or just right.

Maybe one of you can post some more details...
Is the lotoo SD parser faster?
Is the lotoo faster/easier to use (find an album, playlists, etc) ?
Some more detailed bass/mids/highs comparisons?

Jun 14, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #163 of 889
Had a chance to audition one of these. Really really musical sounding dap. With balanced output it's pretty amazing. Simply hard to beat at it's price point now. If you are aiming for a balanced dap below $1k, just get this and you won't regret it ☺

Users who are viewing this thread

Back