Lost almost all my Gear in a Fire *salutes my journey
Oct 9, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #17 of 71
Quote:
None at all.  I never thought to do it because all my gear was used lol.  I just never put two and two together :\  

That's a painful way to learn, my condolences. I've been lucky for years in that regard I guess but now I do have renter's insurance which is ridiculously cheap and covers everything I own (only caveat I believe was really expensive jewelry which I don't really go for...).

From what I've heard renter's insurance can also protect you from accidental damage to your apartment in case your landlord wants you to pay for it which is also a plus.

Oct 9, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #18 of 71
That is really horrible.  I'm always very careful with household electrical equipment safety for this reason.

Oct 10, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #20 of 71
Sorry to hear that. I am glad that no one was injured.
At least you can still enjoy music with the current gear.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #21 of 71
thats tough to handle. i have been debating on renters insurance, and there really is no good reason not to have it. anything can happen at anytime.

sorry for your loss
frown.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #22 of 71
Ya, I know what cha mean.  Its tough.  But like I said I need to focus on refurnishing the place before I even think about anything hi-fi.  I get to start my quest all over again lol

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #24 of 71
I have seen that most houses are built completely out of wood in North America (and NZ & AUS as well), guess you gotta be very quick in case of fire hazards. Most houses here in Germany are built out of thick masonry, they are almost bunkers in comparison. I must say that I quite like that, although they are terribly expensive to build...

Oct 13, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #29 of 71
I'll be able to donate after I'm getting my salary, but I should get paid by the end of this week, so hit me with url if you start a thread, ok?

Oct 13, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #30 of 71
Really sorry for your loss, swbf2cheater. Like you said, fortunately, you and your cat are unhurt, and that's what really counts.

That said, maybe you can sue your landlord? Say, for having faulty electrical appliance that started the fire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back