Lost almost all my Gear in a Fire *salutes my journey
Oct 9, 2010 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 71

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
About a month ago I lost almost all my gear in a fire.  Everything I've ever recommended or said I owned was lost outside of the a few things.  The only survivors were my Hd485 and my Hippo Epic Sparkles and my sansa fuze.  Nothing else made it.  I also lost my couch and my Ps3 and netbook.  Nobody was injured at all, and i wasnt done moving in to my new apartment yet when this happened.  Someone on my floor shorted out the dyer or washer and sparked something.  My media rooms wall was set up right up against the hallway.  Everything on that wall was lost.  I tried to salvage my Hard Drive with all the pictures ive posted of the gear Ive reviewed but it was deemed unfit to be salvaged by the geek squad in best buy :\

Here are the major players that were lost.  I salute them.  

-Sennheiser Mx980 and mx580
-T1
-Hd650 and broken 600 I was repairing
-Fischer Audio Eterna both rev1 and 2.
-ATH-es7, M50 ( salvaged but heavy smoke and heat damage on the outside ), Ws70
-AD700 modded w/mic and painted black
-Grado 225i
-Xb500
-My D3 cobra 
-my netbook
-my brand spanking new ps3
-worst of all, my best friends dads Hd800 that i was repairing for him

edit:  forgot the Ultrasone Pro 750 and i added some pictures of what images i did take of them over the years.  For those who dont know, I usually purchase two of every set, as my dad is also a gear head like me

my Hd485 was in the process of being modded, and my sansa fuze and hippos were still at my mom and dads house in a box waiting to be moved.  Moral of todays story is get insurance on your gear, I never once thought to insure any of my stuff that was expensive.

Never took a picture of rev1

I think this one hurt the most, my guitar I had and practiced on every day for many years

Me with the ATH ws70 :\ lol

Oct 9, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #3 of 71
Wow Bro, I feel for your lost. Sorry to hear you had to learn the hard way to insure before the accident happens. Probably isn't an easy road to travel back up again but remember to always keep your head up and just roll with it.

Oct 9, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #5 of 71
holy crap....i'm sorry man...man that must suck real bad >__< .... Best of luck in the future...But hey...keep ur head up  and think positively!

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #6 of 71
Lol, I know what you mean, it just makes it that much better though when you do finally get the juice back
dt880smile.png

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #8 of 71
Yea...about that lol.  I dont really feel like buying anything expensive again for a while. If i were to get anything, it would be cheap and easily driven without an amp by a fuze alone.  That journey took me many years to compile so many sets, many more were lost, all were in boxes ready to be stored elsewhere or on my wall or at my desk. I dont feel like buying the expensive amps and headphones again, i need the new computer, tv, couch and living space items more than that stuff.  Will be hella long time before I can afford anything "decent"

lol, well, im just happy my cat nor myself were there when it happened.  

Oct 9, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #9 of 71
I feel for you =(

Don't give up in hi fi though =/

Oct 9, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #11 of 71
Wow, that's a real kick in the head-fi spirit.
I hope you can rebuy all that was lost in due time. 
Our sympathies are with you. 

Oct 9, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #12 of 71
hah, ya ty guys for the support, its been really hard on me lately.  Im not even sure if i want to stay there, they gave me time to decide if i wanted to stay there, im not obligated even though i signed the contract thing for it

anyway, ya, I wasnt really into the t1, I used the HD600 and Mx980 more than anything but am really looking for something much nicer, hoping for that DT880 or 990 32 ohm, that would be epic i think.

Oct 9, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #14 of 71
We tend to have fire insurances over here, but I'm afraid you guys over there handle things different...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back