Looking to buy a new IEM (>$200)
May 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #16 of 40

The fit issue is almost non existent with my UE-TF10's ... They sound wonderful, have an almost SCARY seal (when cycling or doing something in public) ... They're V-Shaped which makes the highs forward and the bass pronounced... They have three independent drivers that's dedicated to a each level of sound (lows/mids/hi's) ... leaving the sound precise without "muddyness" ... it's almost so precise that it's analytical (which in my opinion is a great thing)

Radius's are great but they have a problem with seal... DBA's are GREAT and are a competitor against the TF-10's but they're harder to find and I actually prefer my TF-10's (i've tried both)
Quote:
I was looking at those on amazon last night. They look good and from reviews seem to perform well, but I have heard of fitting issues.

May 20, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #19 of 40

Quote:
The fit issue is almost non existent with my UE-TF10's ... They sound wonderful, have an almost SCARY seal (when cycling or doing something in public) ... They're V-Shaped which makes the highs forward and the bass pronounced... They have three independent drivers that's dedicated to a each level of sound (lows/mids/hi's) ... leaving the sound precise without "muddyness" ... it's almost so precise that it's analytical (which in my opinion is a great thing)

Radius's are great but they have a problem with seal... DBA's are GREAT and are a competitor against the TF-10's but they're harder to find and I actually prefer my TF-10's (i've tried both)

I will hardly call the TF10s analytical...but for good bass and overall fun factor under 200 they are indeed hard to beat! Do give the Radius DDM a try though, very interesting sound and within your budget.

May 21, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #22 of 40
I am really unsure of what pair I want to invest in.
From what I have read the Radius DDM's have amazing sound which seems to be quite unique, but very poor isolation as well as poor build quality.
I have read from multiple people the TripleFi 10's fit awkwardly and they might be a little bit too "jumpy(?)" with not enough bass. 
The DBA-02's, while being of solid quality I am afraid I might now like the "unique" sound of them.

I just absolutely love the sound of my IE8's as well as the comfort and look of them. So anything similar in my price range would be great. I just don't want to spend another 200 to get the same pair, when I could try others out.

May 22, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #24 of 40

Quote:
Do you leave near a city? It might be worth your time to find a good audio store where you can try out some IEMs since you seem to be so unsure.

I have no clue where any audio stores are around me, within a hundred mile radius. So I cannot test any of them out, that's why I am trying to get as many opinions from others as possible.

May 22, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #25 of 40
Another vote for Triple Fi 10, it's not analytical, but very detailed.  In my experience, I found found some of the more analytical IEMs to be a bit boring at times (ie um3x, re252).  TF10s work well with Complys and I like the Decored Olives.  

May 22, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #26 of 40
The Triple.fi 10 has very good, solid bass. But it rolls off just a little bit too early, so it doesn't have the pounding bass that you can feel (like the IE8). And I tried all the recommended tips but could not get them to stay in my ear. I ended up trading them for the UM3X.

If you can afford it, I would suggest either the Westone 2 or Westone 3 (they will give you the booming bass that you want. You may find the UM3X a bit dry and flat). But keep them away from your dog (same goes for all IEMs).

May 22, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #27 of 40
Here's a used Westone 2 for $180: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/554920/westone-2-iem

May 23, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #29 of 40

Quote:
Yes, why?

I think he was referring to my recommendation of the Westone 2, which retails for $250. However, you can find it used for under $200 (see above)

May 23, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #30 of 40
Vsonic GR07 perhaps they are well under $200 and have been getting very good reviews. I am waiting for mine to come in but I am pretty sure they will be more comfortable than the TF10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back