Looking to buy a new IEM (>$200)
May 18, 2011 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

venalitious

Head-Fier
I have gone through two pairs of Sennheiser IE8's (As my dog has pulled them out of my ears while sleeping and chewed on them), and I don't really want to pay $200 for another pair of them, especially since their customer service is not very good.
So I am looking to buy a new pair, which are similar to those. They were extremely comfortable and sounded great, just did not have the good of isolation. 
So open to all suggestions, just keep it under $200.

And would anyone be willing to buy my broken IE8? The right ear bud tip is chewed off, but other than that they are perfectly fine. Unless of course someone knew a way to fix it (Saving me some money). As it is chewed off right after where the tip would "lock-in", so I cannot put a tip on it in the condition it is right now.

All help appreciated.

May 19, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 40
Dogs like to screw things up! well your IE8 was only 200 buks?  Was it real or fake ?
As far as I know IE8 prices at $300 level...

For under 200 with good base there is Radius DDM, which is without a doubt a forgot jewel and very few out there own them.
But there are reviews and this are best value IEMs no kidding..
Now for isolation, look somewhere else, as Radius DDM dont do much.
Perhaps a BA type IEMs such as Re252  or DBA02  will be better for you if isolation is a must!

May 19, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #3 of 40

Quote:
Dogs like to screw things up! well your IE8 was only 200 buks?  Was it real or fake ?

For under 200 with good base there is Radius DDM, which is without a doubt a forgot jewel and very few out there own them.
Perhaps a BA type IEMs such as Re252  or DBA02  will be better for you if isolation is a must!

They were real. I bought the first pair used for 200. Then my dog chewed them up and got a replacement pair for 200. 
Before I bought these I was actually contemplating getting the Radius DDM's, but I have heard from lots of people they were uncomfortable, so I got put off from buying them.
I do not like the look of the Re252's (Too big and bulky), but I will check out the DBA02's.

May 19, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #8 of 40
Bump!
And also I found out that I can in fact where certain tips on my chewed earphone (IS that what you call it?). It's a tiny bit loose but, it's MUCH better than nothing.
Still looking for other recommendations as well.

May 20, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #9 of 40

Quote:

The DDM has a uniquely coloured sound that is definitely not for everyone, not to mention the frequent fit issues and the subpar isolation as you mentioned. However they certainly make a great recommendation for someone who likes the IE8.

The RE252 is dynamic-driver if I remember correctly and in no way shares any sort of similar signature to the IE8, so I won't recommend that. Future Sonics Atrios are hard to beat for bass at their price range of course. Perhaps if TC included some more sound preferences we can come up with better suggestions.

May 20, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #10 of 40

Quote:

The DDM has a uniquely coloured sound that is definitely not for everyone, not to mention the frequent fit issues and the subpar isolation as you mentioned. However they certainly make a great recommendation for someone who likes the IE8.

The RE252 is dynamic-driver if I remember correctly and in no way shares any sort of similar signature to the IE8, so I won't recommend that. Future Sonics Atrios are hard to beat for bass at their price range of course. Perhaps if TC included some more sound preferences we can come up with better suggestions.

I am not really sure what I am looking for in an IEM. 
It just needs to have low, boomy bass, be comfortable, and to be crystal clear. I cannot stand muddy sounds at all, it drives me crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back