Looking to buy a new IEM (>$200)
May 23, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #31 of 40

Quote:
Vsonic GR07 perhaps they are well under $200 and have been getting very good reviews. I am waiting for mine to come in but I am pretty sure they will be more comfortable than the TF10.

Hmm, aesthetically they look just like the IE8's (Just not quite as nice.) Do you know if they sound similar or different though?

May 23, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #32 of 40
There a couple monster threads on the GR07. While they look similar to the IE8 they are supposed be a neutral sounding IEM that is slightly warm sounding that extends well in bass and treble. They also have an adjustable nozzle which is supposed to help make them more comfortable. They are supposed to be a very nice detailed IEM.

May 23, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #34 of 40
After reading quite a few different reviews and opinions I can say for sure I am not going to be buying the RE262 or TriplFi10's. Neither of them are what I am really looking for. 

I think a used Westone 2 is what I am really looking for. Great isolation,bass,comfort, what I am wanting. Do any of you advise against it? I am taking all opinions since I cannot test out each one individually.

May 23, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #36 of 40
May 23, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #37 of 40
It's already been mentioned, but FWIR/IIWY, those three things can be considered "strengths" of the GR07...whether you don't like a neutral signature/over-ear style might change your mind...I think that the form is similar to the IE8 [edit] maybe not isolation

Quote:
After reading quite a few different reviews and opinions I can say for sure I am not going to be buying the RE262 or TriplFi10's. Neither of them are what I am really looking for. 

I think a used Westone 2 is what I am really looking for. Great isolation,bass,comfort, what I am wanting. Do any of you advise against it? I am taking all opinions since I cannot test out each one individually.

May 23, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #38 of 40
You will definitely find the comfort of the Westone 2 superior to the IE8, and the isolation is pretty hard to beat especially with the Comply foamies. But please, keep them away from your dog.

May 24, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #39 of 40

Quote:
You will definitely find the comfort of the Westone 2 superior to the IE8, and the isolation is pretty hard to beat especially with the Comply foamies. But please, keep them away from your dog.

Believe me I have learned my lesson. I will never sleep with earphones again. 
So should I go for the Westone 2's? I think I might order them later today if possible.

May 24, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #40 of 40

Quote:
Believe me I have learned my lesson. I will never sleep with earphones again. 
So should I go for the Westone 2's? I think I might order them later today if possible.

I probably shouldn't mention this, but Westones are actually really good earphones for sleeping because they lie flat in your ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back