Looking for sound-wise and stylish IEMs with mic for 4S
Jul 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ttttpp

New Head-Fier
Hi community, I'm new to this world, though I may not call myself a audiophile but I do enjoy listening to music
smily_headphones1.gif

I mainly listen to pop/RnB/rock and a bit of classical genre of music so I prefer bass over treble, particularly rumbling/boomy bass (sub-bass?) over punchy bass if u know what i mean.

Since I use my iphone as the player, I'm looking for IEMs that are stylish but also with decent SQ that comes with a mic, it would be nice if it had tangle-free flat cord too.
These are some of the ones I found and liked:

A-jays four
Sol republic Amps HD
Monster Mile Davis Trumpet (MMDT2)

Any suggestions or impressions of the ones mentioned above?

Btw, I'm also very interested in Denon AH-300 which has a cool design and claim to have produce super bass, and Vibe BS-80i that vibrates making 4D sound.

Jul 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 5
While I am thinking of a good reccomendation I will say flat cables don't do much for tangles and are sometimes worse. I don't know what everyone sees as stylish. Anyway best IEMs for sub bass rumble alone, there is compromise in other parts of sound are the Hippo VB. The most stylish as well as fun warm sounding IEMs but more punchy bass is a the Audiofly AF78. Another reccomendation of a great earphone with huge bass slam is Vsonic GR07.

Jul 25, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
While I am thinking of a good reccomendation I will say flat cables don't do much for tangles and are sometimes worse. I don't know what everyone sees as stylish. Anyway best IEMs for sub bass rumble alone, there is compromise in other parts of sound are the Hippo VB. The most stylish as well as fun warm sounding IEMs but more punchy bass is a the Audiofly AF78. Another reccomendation of a great earphone with huge bass slam is Vsonic GR07.

Thanks a lot for the advice.
Out of the three the Audiofly AF78 really got me sold, but I'd like to know how are the bass compared to Monster turbines series?
I really liked the turbines for their design and sound, but none of them come with flat cable except the newest Trumpets, however on jokers review said it's the least bass-heavy in the lineup which is really sad.
frown.gif

Btw, for what I mean stylish is either have a fashionable design such as Beats Tour by Dre, which I heard the SQ sucks, or simply construct it with more metallic parts making it look more expensive than it is, like the Turbines.

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 5
I don't own them, but Joker does have a review on them, as well as being in the summer's buying guide; The Velodyne Vpulse. They have a flat cable, look similar to iBeats, and come in Black and Silver, or all blue. I also think they have a mic in them. They seem to meet what you want, so I thought I'd leave the option in here in case someone else has them or if you want to look into them.

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 5
Okay, the AF78 do no longer have a flat cable, they changed it to Kevlar coated. I want to stress flat cables suck, no better for tangling, in fact the GR07s are a lot more tangle free.

Also the AF78 will not have the bass you want. I think the new denons will and they look awesome do I'd go for them or maybe so monster turbine, normal coppers or gold as they are snazzy and shouldn't sound to bad although have not heard.

You could give them 4d things ago, look interesting and are cheap.

Oh and tours are beyond poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back