Looking for new headphones
Jan 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

iamloco724

100+ Head-Fier
Im looking to buy my first full size headphones well atleast first of this decade been using iems right now im using a cheap pair but happy with the sound for how i use them meelectronics m9's for a cheap pair i think they sound pretty good considering the price tag

im looking to spend preferably no more then 80 dollars, i need them to be comfortable i as im active alot while wearing them walking etc.. also i need them to feel good over a baseball cap since i usually wear headphones while wearing caps

type of music i listen to is metal/rock mostly some rap but not often

the iems are just starting to be uncomfortable for my ears and think i would rather go this route now

if you need to know anymore info from me please ask

would like to hear as many recommendations as possible with details on why and please be strict to my dollar amount cant really go higher and also dont want to have to get an amp for them so they have to be good in every aspect as is

thank you

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 11
have you ever looked at the Grado Sr60i or Sr80i if you can find it under 80 they might just fit the bill but some people find the foam ear cushions quite abrasive and uncomfortable. i think there are some aftermarket options for padding though. if you can try them out for yourself and see how you like them. they have great sound for the price point. 

oh and the impedance is 32 ohms as far as i can remember so they can run of of anything. 

as for others possibly.

-creative Aurvana live
-audio technica m30
-sennhieser hd202 ii
-Sony mdr xb500
-akg k240
-krk kns6400 

that's all i can pull of the top of my head sorry

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #7 of 11
the bass is pretty decent IMO and it can all be EQ'd to your liking if you find it lacking but as i said before see if you can try them. the foam pads may not be for everyone. thankfully if you get these and happen to find them uncomfortable you can pretty easily find comfortable replacement pads.

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #8 of 11
If you want bass, go to the Sony XB500. Great for rap and dubstep. You will need a good audio equalizer for rock. I recommend for portable use on iPhone/iPod, the EQu app. Works like magic on the XB500. They are light and comfy, although they can get hot when worn for a good bit.

Hope this helped. -BiggBenn

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
Im looking to buy my first full size headphones well atleast first of this decade been using iems right now im using a cheap pair but happy with the sound for how i use them meelectronics m9's for a cheap pair i think they sound pretty good considering the price tag

im looking to spend preferably no more then 80 dollars, i need them to be comfortable i as im active alot while wearing them walking etc.. also i need them to feel good over a baseball cap since i usually wear headphones while wearing caps

type of music i listen to is metal/rock mostly some rap but not often

the iems are just starting to be uncomfortable for my ears and think i would rather go this route now

if you need to know anymore info from me please ask

would like to hear as many recommendations as possible with details on why and please be strict to my dollar amount cant really go higher and also dont want to have to get an amp for them so they have to be good in every aspect as is

thank you

JVC HA-S500 Retails usually for around $50 and are amazing. Worth all the hype and then some. They will and do kick the crap out of cans costing 3-4 times as much. Super light weight well built and clean sounding. Great with Rock and Rap and will not require an amp.

They are Japan Imports so the box and directions are all in Japanese but last time I checked most of us here know how to use headphones so I think you'll be ok :wink:

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #11 of 11
JVC HARX500
JVC HARX700
Panasonic HTF600F
Koss PortaPros (very fun w/ lifetime warranty)
Sony MDR-V55
Sony MDR-V6 (very popular)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back