Looking for new headphones around $500 with good sub bass extension
Apr 4, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #16 of 22
Maybe TOO MUCH bass, but I see the ultrasone pro 900 get recommended a lot in basshead threads

Apr 4, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:
Yamaha seems interesting will check it out

v modas seem to have way too much mid bass and allot of colored sound but i guss i will give them a try

Sony mdr - 1r i really don't like spikes in upper mid range i am going to stay way from these

Mr Speakers Mad dogs - i have no idea about these, they seem good but i don't know

what headphones in the ultrastone line would your recommend?

Ultrasone Signature Pro
Ultrasone Signature DJ

A bit on the expensive side but both are great. You can find some used ones here on head-fi in good condition for WAY less than the MSRP! (I think I saw a pair of Signature Pros for $750!!!! Not sure why no one has bought them yet!!!)

Apr 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:
defintinaly clean high quility sub bass but i have heard that the d5000 have clean sub bass but anyways thier not avaliable anymore so i cant get them

I see a pair of D2000/D5000 or two pop up on Buy Sell Trade every week. And then there is eBay...

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

I see a pair of D2000/D5000 or two pop up on Buy Sell Trade every week. And then there is eBay...

i live in hong kong shipping is a pian and i dont trust ebay

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #20 of 22
best sub bass extension i heard so far was in the soundmagic hp100. it was the only phone i could hear (and feel) 20hz without loosing volume.

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #21 of 22
well guys you might be suprised but i settled on the Philips Fidelio X1

yup they were just so good and i fell in love with them as soon as i started to listen to them

i got a chance to listen to the k550 and i really didnt like them, but i didnt get a chance to get to listen to anything else cuz they didnt let me try them

oh well i am happy with my buy

i did have to eq the sub bass up a bit otherwise its really nice 

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #22 of 22
Nice.
I think Tyll reviewed those and liked them and so have a lot people!

Enjoy your new cans!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back