looking for high quality portable DAP
Nov 2, 2012 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Hyl

Head-Fier
My old cowon s9 and sony x10 died due to some unfortunate accidents, so i recently bought a colorfly c3. While the soundquality was decent, the UI was so clunky and the popping noise after it changes a track annoyed me so much that i am looking for a new, portable and good sounding DAP with slightly better UI. A small size matters because i don't neeed another brick like my HM-801 , seeing that it's pretty uncomfortable to take it with me on the metro and train for my work.

My budget is roughly around $300-400 and i will be using either one of my IEM's like westone um3x, w3 or earsonics sm3.

I have looked at the hisoundaudio DAP's, but i am afraid i won't like them because some people reported hearing hiss from it (which will likely happen because i use sensitive IEM's and i am pretty "allergic" to hiss)

Nov 4, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 3
If you couldn't handle the pop (which imo is fairy bread amounts) you won't handle the hiss. And I found UI to be rather smooth.

Definitely a Clip+ for you. :smile:

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #3 of 3
The new Sony F series, A series walkmen, Cowon J3, Samsung Galaxy 3.5, 4.2 are Pretty good sounding DAPs without hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back