Looking for headphones that swivel flat
Dec 2, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #17 of 22
Try the Koss Pro DJ 100. They pretty closely meet your requirements, but they need a good amp.
The highs on them are very slightly rolled off. A bit less then my old HD-600 though.

Dec 3, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #20 of 22

Quote:
Try the Koss Pro DJ 100. They pretty closely meet your requirements, but they need a good amp.
The highs on them are very slightly rolled off. A bit less then my old HD-600 though.

These just might do.  Looked through your reviews: if it's more bass than the audio-technica ad700 it should be enough bass.  The amp brings out the bass on the ad700 so it sounds less plastic/artificial and overall much better unamped but not enough.  While my M-Audio Q40s sound like earthquakes on my ears now! For once I think it's too much, they were better when improperly amped. lol

I also like that it looks like you have positive results with an ipod touch + total airhead... because that happens to be my other listening solution.

Dec 3, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #21 of 22

Quote:
Quote:

These just might do.  Looked through your reviews: if it's more bass than the audio-technica ad700 it should be enough bass. 

Yeah definitely more bass than the AD700. It has more than the SRH-440, k240 Studio and about the same as the SRH-840. It's far from bass heavy though. I don't think I've ever felt it was even remotely bass light. It definitely won't have as much bass as a Q40, 750DJ or M50 (maybe the new version? I'm not sure).

The included pads are not very deep, so some may not get a proper seal for the bass. They work with the Pearstone Velour pads and the M30 pads. M30 pads are the most comfortable and they don't make my ears hot. Those velour pads get so hot after just an hour.

The Airhead worked well with them, same with my Asgard, but they sounded bad with my Nuforce Mobile and E5. Listening to the DJ100 unamped is not a fun experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back