Looking for a DAC and an AMP!
Feb 19, 2010 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Saitek666

Head-Fier
Currently I have a Caffeine amp that I bought to a user here in head-fi and I like how it works with my TF10. Now, I'm going in a long trip and I need a cheap DAC, something that gives me a better quality than the sound card of my laptop, well netbook. Also, I'm looking for a real portable amp, obviously smaller than the caffeine and that is rechargeable, been thinking about the Ibasso T4 or T3, would love if it has bass boost.

I was thinking of the D2 Boa, but I don't know how big it is and how it will work out with my earphones.

Feb 20, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 5
The NuForce uDAC seems to be getting a lot of praise around here lately as a DAC. I'm not sure on its abilities as an amp (there's one built in), but for $100, it stands as a very solid DAC/amp combo.

Feb 20, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #3 of 5
Headphonia USB DAC Stick Headphone Amplifier or USB DAC Cable with 3.5mm Mini Plug.............

Feb 20, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks a lot, the Headphonia looks great! The prize seems to be a bit exagerated though, well at least that's what I think, for a couple of bucks more I could get the Ibasso D2 Boa. Is there a big difference between those two? Also, I have heard good things about the Nuforce, is it a big difference compared to the caffeine amp that I have? I'm talking about as an amp alone and not as a dac/amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back