Looking for $100-$200 Headphones.
Aug 19, 2011 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ICantFeelMyFace

New Head-Fier
My little brother recently tried out the Beats Studio by Dr.Dre and was blown away by them, but they were to expensive so my mom said she would buy him the Solos for his birthday, So I looked them up on BestBuy.com and saw a bunch of great reviews. Thankfully I also did a google search and this site came up and gave me some insight about them. So long story short as I was looking for headphones for my little brother I started to want a pair, I will be sharing them with him until he realizes he can get way better headphones then the Beats Studio. So please recommend me a pair.

Price = $100-200
Type of music me and my brother listen to = Country(mainly all I listen to), Metal, Hip Hop, Rap, Dance(like party rock anthem), and Spanish music.
They need to be durable, I have a niece that knocks everything down.
Also will be using them with my Phone, Laptop and iPod touch.

Thanks for the help.

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
Heya,

AudioTechnica M50 or Sony ZX700 is a default for a Beats-Turned-Smart shopper.

Otherwise, look into Shure 840, Ultrasone Pro 550 & HFI 580, Sennheiser HD380 Pro, BeyerDynamic DT770, Fischer Audio FA-003, Grado SR225i.

Very best,

Thanks for the quick response, I am leaning towards the Shure 840 simply because it has a detachable cord, Im also liking the Grados and the M50s. As I was looking at the headphones on Amazon the Fiio E5 headphone amplifier kept coming up on the Frequently Bought Together, Do I need them? Worth it? Thanks again.

Aug 21, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #4 of 6
I just purchased the Shure 840 and was wondering if I needed an amp? and also read that full sized headphones need to be broken in, so I was wondering how long and how exactly do I do it(do I just play music)?

Aug 21, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #5 of 6
http://www.head-fi.org/t/366741/science-behind-burn-in

Aug 21, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
I just purchased the Shure 840 and was wondering if I needed an amp? and also read that full sized headphones need to be broken in, so I was wondering how long and how exactly do I do it(do I just play music)?

Heya,

No amp needed. You're going to likely have more evidence of you breaking in the ear-pads than the sound actually changing. Just listen to them. Don't worry yourself with burn-in. It's a ritual more than anything (a few exceptions are pretty known, but really, just listen to your headphones and don't worry about it).

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back