Look for a can have bass of D2000 and treble of HD600
Aug 29, 2010 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

soncao

New Head-Fier
Dear,
Anyone can tell me if there is a can like that, I like the bass of D2000 but hate the harsh treble. I also have chance to try HD600 and really love the treble of it but don't like the bass. My source is Nuforce Icon HDP and my max budget is 1300$. Thanks for your advices.

Sorry for my poor English,
Sơn.

Aug 29, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #3 of 6
The Audeze LCD-2.  It has bass that goes all the way down to 20 Hz and has punch for an open headphone.  Treble is not harsh or accentuated.  It's exactly what you are asking for.  It's a new headphone and there is a big thread about it.

Since you're likely using a computer as source with the Nuforce you can also experiment with EQ to get the Denon more to your liking.  Use a parametric EQ software plugin to boost the recessed mids and reduce the treble spike.  You may be able to get some better enjoyment out of them till you find something that suits you better.

Aug 29, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #4 of 6

There really is no other can in your specific price range that fulfills your specific requirements so perfectly.
Quote:
The Audeze LCD-2.  It has bass that goes all the way down to 20 Hz and has punch for an open headphone.  Treble is not harsh or accentuated.  It's exactly what you are asking for.  It's a new headphone and there is a big thread about it.

Since you're likely using a computer as source with the Nuforce you can also experiment with EQ to get the Denon more to your liking.  Use a parametric EQ software plugin to boost the recessed mids and reduce the treble spike.  You may be able to get some better enjoyment out of them till you find something that suits you better.

Aug 30, 2010 at 8:50 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks Ham Sandwich, I'll consider Audeze LCD-2 to my wish list but now LCD-2 hasn't produced yet.
rolleyes.gif

@ SP Wild, I know there is no can perfect, I'll just need a can closed to perfect :D
So, if Beyer T1 can meet my requirement ? My favourite music is Metal Rock, Pop, Vocal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back