Logitech Ultimate Ears Warranty Service is Ultimately Worthless
Feb 24, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #16 of 23

just wanted to say that I had the cable on my triple.fi 10vi's die last week... Pretty simple: right at the base jack that would enter the phone, the wire wore out from extended use over about 4 years. Not a manufacturer defect, just extended use and wear at a delicate part of the cable housing.

I called UE/LOGI to try to order a replacement. I've owned 2 pairs of UE's and always loved their customer service, and had worried about what the logitech purcahse would mean...

To my surprise, i was initially offered 50% off of any UE product (even expensive customs), and was then offered a free replacement cable.

Just wanted to share a great experience and let anyone who was worried know that UE/LOGI really took care of me with no cajoling or threats required.

So here's a public vouching to the UE / LOGI folks.

Mar 20, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
To my surprise, i was initially offered 50% off of any UE product (even expensive customs), and was then offered a free replacement cable.

wow, what a great offer! did you take them up on it and get a set of uerms?  (if not you might want to kick yourself for passing that offer up!)

Mar 20, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #18 of 23
wow, what a great offer! did you take them up on it and get a set of uerms?  (if not you might want to kick yourself for passing that offer up!)

Last time I went through them, they lost my Triple.Fi's and offered my 50% off their universal line only, pretty worthless since the MSRP minus 50% is street price anyways...

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #19 of 23
according to thekid the offer they extended to him included (surprisingly) the customs. point well taken wrt the universals, but that'd be a tremendous deal on the customs!

Mar 20, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #21 of 23
Sadly, it turned out that the invalidated the 50% off coupon when they instead sent me the replacement cable for free; so no customs for me.
That said, the new cable arrived 2 days later, and it was a quick, painless, and very easy process dealing with them, so I have nothing but love for UE and their customer service.

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #22 of 23
Small update on this: My 6-month old, still under warranty UE 900s stopped working. I called logitech and they told me they stopped servicing these IEMs. Even though the product is still under warranty, they will not fix them or give me a refund.

Apr 21, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #23 of 23
I'm having the same problem. I purchased UE 900s for $250 from an online retailer 4 months ago, and the bass drivers are out in the left side. Logitech has told me they will only replace with something that is $250, and will not replace with another 900s. What? Isn't a warranty worth anything anymore? All I really want is a replacement left monitor. Am I just up the creek?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back