LiveWires mini-review and ER4S comparison
Jun 26, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get ready, it's coming.

Yea I'm hoping to get my order in and on the way to me before they pick up too strong and I have to wait. Course as soon as I get mine in the mail they'll introduce the "New Improved T2" like always happens to me.
tongue.gif

I do think that there hipe level is slowly growing. I can't wait to get mine on the way. I think that if they keep on keeping on they'll be in a good place in the market before too long if not already. They do need to do some work in the PR area though. The site is ugly and still incomplete and there's not much info there. Calls and emails are sometimes not returned as well. All growing pains I'm sure cause by all accounts there great folks.

The hype is coming. It won't be long. Just you wait.

Jun 27, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk-O-Meter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They do need to do some work in the PR area though. The site is ugly and still incomplete and there's not much info there. Calls and emails are sometimes not returned as well. All growing pains I'm sure cause by all accounts there great folks.

I was wondering about that, in light of the fact that they've evidently sold only 600 pairs so far. That must mean that nobody is making a living at designing and selling these things yet, not even close. After R&D and startup costs, they'd probably have to sell thousands just to break even. Real dedication to the idea of a more affordable custom.

And what do you mean, they need PR-- they've got the Kenny Rogers band! Wait a minute, it looks like their celebrity users list is all country music... plus Black Sabbath? Interesting.

Jun 27, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #34 of 37
If I didn't already have customs, I would give these a try. They're very intriguing and the sound described by the esteemed reviewer is much to my liking. The only thing that lets them down is the not-so-discrete design. When I wear my customs, no one notices. They're so darn stealthy
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering about that, in light of the fact that they've evidently sold only 600 pairs so far. That must mean that nobody is making a living at designing and selling these things yet, not even close. After R&D and startup costs, they'd probably have to sell thousands just to break even. Real dedication to the idea of a more affordable custom.

And what do you mean, they need PR-- they've got the Kenny Rogers band! Wait a minute, it looks like their celebrity users list is all country music... plus Black Sabbath? Interesting.

Well that all depends on the people involved actually. I mean if you've been working building IEM's for years already then you just have to get the materials and design your own, which you probably have in your head already. Honestly I don't think it's rocket science if you've been doing it for years already. I know those drivers aren't that much to buy and they get the manufacturing of the housings outsourced like most IEM companies do so that 's pretty much no cost. There really arn't many parts so....So when you factor all that in it might be a cheap start up if you've got experience already.

maybe they should have budgeted in a little more for site design.

Jun 27, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk-O-Meter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that all depends on the people involved actually. I mean if you've been working building IEM's for years already then you just have to get the materials and design your own, which you probably have in your head already. Honestly I don't think it's rocket science if you've been doing it for years already. I know those drivers aren't that much to buy and they get the manufacturing of the housings outsourced like most IEM companies do so that 's pretty much no cost. There really arn't many parts so....So when you factor all that in it might be a cheap start up if you've got experience already.

maybe they should have budgeted in a little more for site design.

Yeah, I started reading threads on it myself after posting that, and I noticed one saying the trickiest bit in a project like that is the crossover; that the ear molds, cables, and knowles drivers are all relatively simple. It's surprising more head-fiers haven't tried to do diy custom IEMs.

Still, getting a decent custom product on the market for a fraction of what anyone else charges and having to build a marketing structure from scratch-- kudos to the Earpeace guys. Hopefully this will force the other companies to finally get competitive with custom IEM pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back