Little Dot MKV available! Any Info/Opinions?
Jan 3, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #76 of 168
Has anyone tried LD MKV with D2000? I would like to know if there is good synergy
smily_headphones1.gif
If not, I'll probably stick with just using a Pico, since D2000 is pretty easy to drive anyway.

Jan 3, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #78 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by janderclander14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I has been told that this amp is a "OP + transistor BUF amplifier", so the change of the socketed opamps will potentially change the sound signature.

Yes, an AB design too!
smily_headphones1.gif
Well, I can't imagine it sounding better, but you never know!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #79 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, an AB design too!
smily_headphones1.gif
Well, I can't imagine it sounding better, but you never know!!
biggrin.gif

How your mkv compares to your zero op-amp rolled headphone output?

Jan 3, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #80 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by janderclander14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How your mkv compares to your zero op-amp rolled headphone output?

I think the poor little Zero's headphone amp never had a chance, but considering it is only 1/2 of the Zero's job and the Zero costs a little over 1/3 the cost of the MKV, all in all it does very well indeed! The MKV is a refined SS headphone amp with only one purpose, to drive those high end phones. It kinda puts it in a class of it's own.
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #81 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is called crosstalking, happened to all amp with 2 inputs, my graham slee solo and yamamoto ha-2 has 2 inputs and they have the same things happpened. nothing to worry about, i guess there's not much point to have source on channel 1 and listen on channel 2.

ya, now i remember correctly, my yamamoto Ha-2 also its the same problem, since u said urs is the same. there is nothing for me to be afraid now. i only thought the problem lies with my set.

Jan 4, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #82 of 168
Hmmm. I just ordered my HD650s and now I'm trying to decide between the MKIV, MKV, and maybe even the MKIII. I've never owned a headphone amp before. The simplicity and reliability of the V sounds nice but it seems everyone is having eargasms with the tubes in the IV and III. What to do.

Jan 4, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #83 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by coredump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm. I just ordered my HD650s and now I'm trying to decide between the MKIV, MKV, and maybe even the MKIII. I've never owned a headphone amp before. The simplicity and reliability of the V sounds nice but it seems everyone is having eargasms with the tubes in the IV and III. What to do.

Well, you've already done the hard part, deciding where the quality exists!
smily_headphones1.gif

If you like the idea of tube amps, due to the "tubes" adding something special to the music, then you won't be disappointed with either the MKIII or MKIV. If the idea of buying tubes and burning them in and trying to figure out which combinations of tubes you like best, seems like too much trouble, but you want tubes, order the MKIVse. If you enjoy super clean, accurate and pure audio, with no additives, order the MKV.

One constant with quality amps is the need for a good clean source. If you have that taken care of, then my first paragraph will hold true for sure. Your HD-650s work great with all Little-Dot amplifiers, so that is taken care of. Good luck, and let us know what you do and how it goes.
wink.gif

Jan 4, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #85 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by coredump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The source will be an X-Fi. I plan to do the chip mode when I get a chance.

So do the III and IV take a few minutes to warm up or are they ready to go at power up?

They kick in pretty fast. I think my MKIVse takes like 6-8 seconds. I know there are many who wait some magic number of minutes before using a tube amp, but I have never seen bad results from just using the darn thing straight away!
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #86 of 168
Has anyone had a chance to compare the MKV to an RSA amp yet?

Jan 6, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #87 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone had a chance to compare the MKV to an RSA amp yet?

I think it is probably still too new for that kind of a comparison yet.
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #88 of 168
i wonder how the MKV will sound with the K701s and a pair of Darth Beyers. i plan on getting a home amp either this or a darkvoice. i'm leaning more towards the MKV.

Jan 7, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #89 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listering to Lupe Fiasco new album The Cool. Holy crap the bass is thumping!

set1.jpg

set2.jpg

set3.jpg

GREAT ALBUM!!! how does it sound on the MKV? i ben listening to his album for over 2 weeks straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back