Lite Dac-83 versus Audio GD Ref 7,8,9
Feb 2, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #34 of 54
I e-mailed John Darko (Digital Audio Review) about the Lite 83. I wanted to know if intruments are full-bodied.
He answered that there is "plenty of meat on the bone, it is not a thin-sounding Dac". Very good.

Feb 2, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #36 of 54
I wouldn't at all call the Ref 7 soft in the treble in the slightest.  A "black" background (lack of noise/glare in the treble such you get from, say, a Benchmark) can give a mistaken impression of this though.

Feb 27, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #37 of 54

Quote:
Do you think the DAC-83 is dark-sounding? I've heard reports that the Reference 7 can tend to be slightly soft in the treble area which I tend to dislike. 

I should said the DAC 83 is a very quiet Dac, very netural. Ref 7 have slight colour which suit my taste. I wouldn't said which one better as you always see people who own which will always said the one they own better than others. But i have to be fair to say. Dac 83 have better value/price because my friend purchased it 1200US only in China. And i had ordered one as well.

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #42 of 54
I am in the process of choosing between the Lite 83 and the AudioGD Ref 7, but unfortunately I have no way to compare them.

---> Is there a more precise opinion on which one is the best, assuming that we all know that they are 2 excellent DACs ??

---> I am looking for a photography of the interior of the Power Supply, but I have not found a single one: does some of you know where to find one ?

Thank you !

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #43 of 54
this morning i got one. 

this is really only few reviews i can find  , buy this dac like throwing  a dice. 

first impression: ( single end headphone ad700)
very neutral, a little warm, can hear more details which hide behind, 

pairing with audio-gd master 6, it is a very good combination and giving you  tight , speedy, 3d dimensional image and transparent. 

also listened LARVY-d11 , ....i am better keep quiet.

i dont get any audio-gd dac to compare.

thank you.                                                    

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #44 of 54
Please, expand a bit more when you spent some times with it.
wink.gif

For some weird reason I always been attracted to this DAC. Love the underrated  appearance and the clean circuit design. I couldn't be happier with the M-DAC at the moment but I would love to have the opportunity to listen to the 83.

Apr 10, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #45 of 54
there are only few impressions posted but after 2 days listening, my impression is :

bass - just just enough meat with weight, when using es10 , give a little warm. 
mid  - vocal is very sweet.
high - a little weakness when using ad700, but when using es10, the high can go more further. more enjoyable. 
dimension - detail, space, all there, 
soundstage - layer and separation, 5/5 star,  i am not sure if master 6 achieves this or 83 make it go one step forward.

if i have chance to listen to reference 7.1 , i won't miss this chance and to see how much better it can offer.

quoted user:  tim3320070  at master  5 impression  " It doesn't add bass or warmth,
it doesn't have a sound signature." what headphone you plug in, you can listen what this headphone signature it can 
offer. 

bad recording - no compromise. 

though only few impresions posted, i am glad to have a chance to keep this neutral dac. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back