1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lite Dac-83 versus Audio GD Ref 7,8,9

2 3 4
Next

Last
  1. Orangecrush
    This looks like Lite Audio's answer to the Audio GD Reference 7,8,9.

http://diyclub.biz/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=646

Not much detailed info on it.

Anyone heard it?

2. borrego
    4 x PCM1704 would put it in the Reference 5 and 9 range. Reference 7 and 8 got 8 x PCM1704.

The I2S input is very nice though. Once I asked Kingwa the possibility to put I2S input in his DAC and he said doing so will have to diable all other inputs.

I always think of buying a cheap Chinese media player and hack the I2S output to connect directly to the DAC. This saves all the troubles of using computer as source and the USB connection trouble.

3. beeman458
    borrego wrote:

I always think of buying a cheap Chinese media player and hack the I2S output to connect directly to the DAC. This saves all the troubles of using computer as source and the USB connection trouble.

I believe you, how's that?  I have a Stello DA-100 Signature DAC coming in next week that has I2S.

???

4. Nada
    I heard a Lite DAC-83 versus an Audio-gd RE5 in a speaker set up. The RE5 was more resolving and more enjoyable to listen to. It wasnt an enormous difference but could be clearly picked and to me was significant in terms of getting into the music.

5. Orangecrush

Quote:

Thanks, that was very helpful.

6. borrego

Quote:

The I2S input of your DAC looks very much like a S-Video socket. Do you know the pin layout?

Media player running Windows Mobile 6.0 (selling for RMB1100)
    http://www.mayaaudio.com/item.asp

I2S in/out
    http://www.mayaaudio.com/itemn.asp?id=54

7. beeman458
    Thanks for the links regarding the hack but how's getting rid of the computer as a source a good thing?  Where am I to store all the songs for easy random access such as with Windows Media Player?

???

8. ciphercomplete
    I own the matching cd transport.  I will probably end of selling one of my DACs to buy it.

9. tim3320070
    Power supply looks inferior to AGD layouts.

10. ciphercomplete

Quote:

Where do you see a picture of the power supply?  Its in a separate case and I can't find any pictures of its internals.

lite-dac83_3.jpg

11. tim3320070
    Didn't know there was a separate power supply- my bad.

12. ciphercomplete

Quote:

You piqued my interest now.  I want to see inside the power supply case.  [​IMG]

13. moodyrn

Quote:

What a really nice transport it is. Probably the most impressive i've seen. The build quality was off the charts. If the quality of the dac is the same(which it should be), it should be a winner.

14. pasgod
  15. domho7
2 3 4
Next

Last