[Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers
Sep 29, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #92 of 243
I think so... but better to ask them directly. I know Headroom (headphone.com) does ship to Canada, and they ship expedited UPS which is kinda pricey but skips the hassle of brokerage and arrives quickly (about a week).

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #93 of 243
Has anyone here ever used this site?  http://www.gamesforcanada.com/main-page.php

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #94 of 243
Oct 4, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #95 of 243

Quote:
not I, but what do they sell? Is it a link from an ebay auction?

Found a couple more unless I am blind.. You have added everything to the main post so far?
http://www.vistek.ca/search/headphones.aspx
http://allyouneedmusic.com
of course http://search.londondrugs.com
also Sears.ca has a FEW things not much at all.

Gamesforcanada is a parcel forwarding service. I've never used them, but they've been around for a while.

I have not added every single link that's come through, especally for the generic electronics retailers because it's impossible to be all-inclusive. Most of them also have lousy prices. One very notable exception though is that Vistek has the HD25-1-ii for $180, which is possibly the cheapest I've ever seen it in Canada (normally it's around $250). Allyouneedmusic actually carries ultrasones which I hardly ever see here too, but prices are so painful you'd be better off ordering from the US and sucking up the shipping and customs fees and you'd still be better off.

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #97 of 243
Oct 10, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #98 of 243
I just came across this great thread for Canadian retailers! Wish I found it earlier as it would've saved me so much time and money paid for customs by ordering from the States.  

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #99 of 243
Does anyone here have experience with parcel forwarding services? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is gamesforcanada.com

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #100 of 243
Tenso is a forwarding service located in Japan but they ship everywhere. It's great when buying hard to find headphones/IEMs at a much cheaper price.

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #101 of 243
This is a GREAT thread! Keep 'em coming.

I'm probably buying my T50s from moog.

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #102 of 243
If we're going to include supplies for modding, you could add Memory Express (both online and storefront) for the Silverstone acoustic absorption foam used for mods in T50RP.

Oct 18, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #103 of 243
So my latest circus act with Canada customs... I was supposed to receive a loaner dac for review. Package is labled at $50 so we can hopefully get by without fees etc because I'm not actually buying the item. I get a call from FedEx saying the declared value has been rejected and they need documentation to prove the value. So I contact the manufacturer and they send me paperwork indicating the loan agreement which once again states the value of the dac as $50. I take this down to customs, they take a look at it and say nope, not good enough. They now require full invoice and statement indicating regular commercial pricing. I guess I've been flagged.

Now at this point I actually have no idea of the value of the item in question. I didn't want to know for the sake of reviewer bias. I ask the customs agent what is the procedure since this is a unit on loan and it will be returned in two weeks time. I am told that it doesn't matter what the item is, full value must be declared and import duties and taxes paid. Once the item has been returned, pending documented proof from both myself and the receiving agent (whatever that entails), then I can apply for a reimbursement of the taxes (but not the disbursement/processing fees) through the customs office. Well enough of that. I've already wasted half a day of taking off early from work and driving back and forth from the shipping depot to customs and back. As an amateur reviewer I don't mind a bit of expense via shipping etc, but to have to jump through all these hoops and fees... screw it, I'm just going to reject the shipment tomorrow and have them send it back.

Oct 18, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #104 of 243
Wow Nathan, that really sucks.  I hope that you don't run into these sorts of problems in the future!  Interesting that documentation from the seller wasn't enough to convince them.  Have you run into any other trouble like this in the past or is this a sudden thing?

Also, congratulations on making the front page with your awesome portable review!

Oct 18, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #105 of 243
I once got an invoice for nearly $120 for a parcel that was a prize, but it was valued at $300 so incurred all the fees and taxes. I managed to broker the package myself but still had to pay about half in fees.

Another time I got $40 worth of DIY supplies and had to pay $30 in fees to receive them, and not only that but the box was opened and some components missing, but because the contents were not explicitly listed we couldn't get the mail carrier to cover anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back