[Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers
Jul 1, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #61 of 243
I'm not even sure if this is worth adding, but Costco Canada has a couple headphones listed. Most are rather unremarkable until you scroll to the bottom and realize... Audio Technica W1000x and W5000
eek.gif

http://www.costco.ca/Common/Search.aspx?whse=BCCA&topnav=&search=headphones&N=0&Ntt=headphones&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-CA

edit: the specific listings
W1000x - http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10351368&search=headphones&Mo=18&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-CA&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Sp=S&N=0&whse=BCCA&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Ne=4000000&D=headphones&Ntt=headphones&No=14&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1
W5000 - http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10351080&search=headphones&Mo=18&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-CA&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Sp=S&N=0&whse=BCCA&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Ne=4000000&D=headphones&Ntt=headphones&No=15&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #62 of 243
Whoa. How do those prices compare. Their warranty/return policy on things is incredible too. I have a pal who takes FULL advantage of it, keeps all his boxes in mint shape and is known to UPGRADE from time to time.( a lot ) Excellent link.

I also just noticed that HEADPHONE BAR has a bunch of slashes through prices.

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #63 of 243
Prices are higher than US, but not obscenely so (note that the Costco prices include shipping).

Jul 11, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #64 of 243
Jul 12, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #65 of 243
ok um What.

i bought the alessandro ms1 from their retailer in the united states. it arrives and no taxes or brokerage was charged. they just handed me the package and said have a nice day.

same thing happened when i ordered the fiio e5 from hong kong.

have they changed something im not aware about?

Jul 12, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #66 of 243
With USPS/Canada Post they sometimes don't bother enforcing the import fees. Maybe even more so now since the strike just ended. I would guess they are still trying to clear out their backlog as fast as they can and don't want more stuff piling up for customs inspections.

I got lucky a couple times too. But I wouldn't count on it happening consistently.

Also, I'm not sure if this is still being done... Some years ago, I ordered the Shure E2c from the US. There was nothing to pay on delivery, but a week later I got a bill in the mail for the tax and brokerage.

Jul 12, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #67 of 243

Quote:
With USPS/Canada Post they sometimes don't bother enforcing the import fees. Maybe even more so now since the strike just ended. I would guess they are still trying to clear out their backlog as fast as they can and don't want more stuff piling up for customs inspections.

I got lucky a couple times too. But I wouldn't count on it happening consistently.

Also, I'm not sure if this is still being done... Some years ago, I ordered the Shure E2c from the US. There was nothing to pay on delivery, but a week later I got a bill in the mail for the tax and brokerage.

hmm. well i think it's probably because of the strike. your probably right.

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #68 of 243

Quote:
 Maybe even more so now since the strike just ended. I would guess they are still trying to clear out their backlog as fast as they can and don't want more stuff piling up for customs inspections.

I was not lucky. I had a bunch of DIY parts coming up, labled as $35 but then automatically insured for $95, so I paid about $20 in fees. On top of that, it was opened at the border and rifled through and some components were missing and damaged, but since the seller did not list each part individually it would not be covered under insurance. Bah... paid the premium on shipping, customs fees/taxes, had to wait through the strike, and then when stuff finally arrives it's been messed with and lost a few things and they won't cover it.
mad.gif

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #69 of 243
I just called the CBSA this morning, asking how much i would have to pay if i bought a pair of M50s from the States.
They told me that headphones were duty free, i would only have to pay taxes (that is, as long as they don't have a mic on them, also, it might not be the same for headphone parts).

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #70 of 243
It looks like Fulcrum Audio is going to be a Canadian Audez'e dealer, after talking to them it seems like their rates will be very competitive.

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #72 of 243
have you added these guys

http://www.stereotypeaudio.com/store/

never mind it's there.

do you know if they take paypal?

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #73 of 243
I don't have an account there so I don't know... but I imagine they would. You can always contact them and ask directly...
http://www.stereotypeaudio.com/store/contact_us.php?osCsid=da4c142cd1c555677ae371d8b0b6eec7

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #75 of 243

Users who are viewing this thread

Back