[Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers
Jul 23, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #76 of 243
Ugh...I ordered a Pure i20 iPod/iPhone DAC and dock back in May. I decided to save a few bucks and go with USPS instead of a courier so that I might save the import fees. But the i20 still hasn't come, two months later. :frowning2:

Since I didn't use a courier, there's no way of tracking the package, so I might never get it, and that means I have to eat the full cost. I would rather pay the import fees.

From now on, I'm going with a courier...

Quote:
With USPS/Canada Post they sometimes don't bother enforcing the import fees. Maybe even more so now since the strike just ended. I would guess they are still trying to clear out their backlog as fast as they can and don't want more stuff piling up for customs inspections.

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #77 of 243
On a more positive note, I went to the Headphone Bar in Vancouver about a week ago, and it's a really great store! The guy running it was super friendly, and they've got a nice array of products. I liked how he had so many different headphones available to listen to before buying, and I picked up the Shure SRH-940s. I think he should start a chain and open up a store in my town. :)

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #78 of 243
Yes, I just ordered Fiio e9 from them(headphone bar). He was very helpful and informative of the setup I had..  I'll probally order from there again. I want to get the AKG 702 brand new to try out for gaming this coming holidays.

Jul 23, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #79 of 243

Quote:
Ugh...I ordered a Pure i20 iPod/iPhone DAC and dock back in May. I decided to save a few bucks and go with USPS instead of a courier so that I might save the import fees. But the i20 still hasn't come, two months later. :frowning2:

Since I didn't use a courier, there's no way of tracking the package, so I might never get it, and that means I have to eat the full cost. I would rather pay the import fees.

From now on, I'm going with a courier...

It's possible it's still lost somewhere in the system due to the strike... where did you order from? There's usually some sort of info in the system for them to internally track stuff.

Quote:
didn't see this one here.

http://www.electronicsforless.ca

or this place they have the Samson Superlux ( 681? ) clones

http://revolutionaudio.ca

Wow, the prices for headphones at Revolution are terrible...

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #80 of 243
"Wow, the prices for headphones at Revolution are terrible..."

Yeah they certainly are. Only reason I posted that was for those Samsons. I find it surprising that with so much internet access these days that retailers can have such a HUGE discrepancy in pricing. If someone is online already it's not like theirs is the only website they are allowed to check.
I was looking into a few particular cans and pricing is all over the map. One place had well over a $100 difference for the T50rp's. Are they wanting to go out of business for a tax claim or something?

Thanks for this thread I find myself constantly referring to it's lists.

I like this particular deal:

now MORE EXPENSIVE!  I'm all over that increase and will take 10!

Here's ANOTHER PLACE  . Some of their descriptions are horrible. It helps to know what you are looking at. . For example SENNHEISER wasn't in the main description of one listing.
http://www.techdepotcanada.com  I see it was already up buried with the rest of the first links.. Oh well.

They even list the KOSS ESP-950 ELECTROSTATICS!

Jul 29, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #81 of 243
Moog has T50-RP 's for $98. Is there also a version 2 of these? I haven't been following it as much as I should have. I've seen them approaching $200 on ebay. Ridiculous.

Jul 29, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #82 of 243
They usually go for $100 Cnd. There's only one version that I'm aware of, but I don't really follow the threads too carefully either.

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #83 of 243
I`m thinking of buying the fiio E7+L7 from mp4nation.net, since they sell it for only 84 dollars with free shipping.  Does anyone know whether or not there will be extra fees i would have to pay for shipping to Canada?  Would I be better off just ordering from headphonebar for $99+ $5 shipping?

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #84 of 243
It's always a crapshoot on whether you'll pay fees or not... and the $20 difference is about what you would pay in brokerage fees (using UPS as an example) assuming you get hit with them. Possibly cheaper to go with MP4nation and hope you luck out. 

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #85 of 243

Quote:
Moog has T50-RP 's for $98. Is there also a version 2 of these? I haven't been following it as much as I should have. I've seen them approaching $200 on ebay. Ridiculous.

They are all version 2 now.  I bought both of my pairs from Moog and they both had the newer pads on.

Aug 4, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #87 of 243
Thanks for the version information Joel. I will assume that the only real difference is the pads? Is it the shape mainly or?

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #88 of 243
Just the pads.  The original pads were the wrong shape and caused them to have basically no bass to speak of.  Fostex switched to the new-style pads a few years ago.  I don't think it's possible to get the old ones anywhere anymore, though.  Even the ones I got from Moog LAST June had the new ones.

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #89 of 243
Aug 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #90 of 243
I don't want to put the warning up on the first page, but if a mod contacts me then I will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back