Lilith Audio Player
Oct 22, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #301 of 505
Anyone tried Reclock  in JRiver's software? It should allow gapless and VST plugins...godd----, that must be amazing! but seriously:

61339-61339MC12.jpg

Oct 22, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #302 of 505
Quote:
That's weird, I can't play anything else if uLilith is playing.  Having uLilith open but not playing anything then play a video or something in another application does nothing to that other app/video.  I, too, use ASIO4all.

Here it plays just the movie, not the sound of the movie.

Quote:

your video player messing w/ the windows master volume or so? 

Well, the windows volume sliders remain untouched. I will try another player
wink.gif
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #303 of 505
Quote:
I think he was agreeing with dropping Foobar2k since the fish symbolizes change according to Greco-Roman mythology. =P

Not even close. 
tongue.gif

Since he was trolling so nicely I thought it'd be a nice idea to give him a fish.

Quote:
well yeah, tone deaf and ppl using ibuds off a realtek can't hear a difference...I can't read your post, but I guess that's what it boils down to.

Oct 22, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #305 of 505
Reclock allows to play several streams simultaneously, it will route your video player to a dummy rendering device..it works like a charm in PotPlayer: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=148745

To be fair, I run PotPlayer in high priority(to get perfect Reclock smoothness in 48/50/60Hz) and in foobar you can only pump up the audio thread priority...playing both together would end up in smooth video and glitchy audio, duh. I wonder how foobar became the standard...prolly coz it's free, has many cool plugins and very easy to please users.

Stop hating each other please. No need for this
wink.gif

Thread crappers are here to save us...they're in every thread that talks about stuff they can't hear. They feel like they have a mission from God to save the stray sheeps. It prolly makes them feel good too, and they had nothing better to do anyway..it was either this or play the windows built-in games
images

Oct 22, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #306 of 505

Quote:
Anyone tried Reclock  in JRiver's software? It should allow gapless and VST plugins...godd----, that must be amazing! but seriously:

How can this be done leeperry?? where did you register the reclock render in Jriver ???

Oct 22, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #307 of 505
Don't you just configure Reclock to load when the JRiver app loads?

Oct 22, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #309 of 505
OK, I'm listening to MPC using ReClock and being a foobar2000 loyalist, I'm surprised to say the least.

I was skeptical to this whole media player comparison thing, but music sounds more alive somehow. Less harsh, more involving and inviting. It's hard to put my finger on it, but leeperry may be on to something here. I am aware that this may be placebo and first impressions can be deceiving but I'm definitely interested now and will be possibly reconfiguring my entire playback software setup to include ReClock if these impressions persist after a few days of listening.

Oct 23, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #310 of 505

Quote:
moriez said:

When I play a song with uLilith through ASIO4ALL and open a .avi the volume of the song goes up. When I quit the .avi the volume goes back to normal again. How come?

Yeah! This is solved. The Envy (Gold) drivers of the HD2 soundcard where causing this. The EWDM drivers are back in place
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #311 of 505
BTW, uLilith's audio pipeline works in 64from the lossy audio decoding/VST plugins processing to volume attenuation...here's a link explaining that 64fp kills everything else resolution-wise: http://www.jamminpower.com/PDF/48-bit%20Audio.pdf
For uniform unit random numbers as input(that is, random numbers between 0 and 1), there is a difference between the output of the two forms that hits a maximum value of about 0.2%. This is even with using 64-bit floating point! There is no hope for realizing this performance using either 32-bit floating point or 24-bit integer.

Clearly, the performance of 32-bit floating point and 24-bit integer will be considerably inferior to that of 64-bit floating point, so we might conclude that it is not possible to achieve high-quality results

And a paper explaining what a higher resolution does IRL: http://akmedia.digidesign.com/support/docs/48_Bit_Mixer_26688.pdf

So much for voodoo magic, heh. VST plugins sound amazing to my ears in uLilith.

Oct 29, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #312 of 505
Quote:
So much for voodoo magic, heh. VST plugins sound amazing to my ears in uLilith.

Well, I guess if you do heavy processing it can possibly make a difference. No voodoo magic involved.

decoding, volume attenuation are moot points..

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #313 of 505
Citing a scientific paper does not prove one's claim right or wrong. You're just half way there, proving your claim is the other half to establish fact, and it should be done in a scientific way, IOW through math and/or experiments. On that note, leepery's argument ended at being a claim (not to mention the context he cited is not related to what he claims) and it seems like he only believes he's right. Ergo, it's a waste of time to claim otherwise. On that note, I'm impressed that you're still hanging in there reasoning with him, "exclusive not or".

Oct 29, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #314 of 505

I was skeptical to this whole media player comparison thing, but music sounds more alive somehow. Less harsh, more involving and inviting. It's hard to put my finger on it, but leeperry may be on to something here. I am aware that this may be placebo and first impressions can be deceiving but I'm definitely interested now and will be possibly reconfiguring my entire playback software setup to include ReClock if these impressions persist after a few days of listening.

How is that placebo of yours going then?
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #315 of 505
After a week of careful comparisons, getting used to Reclock, switching back to foobar2000, etc, I've now completely given foobar2000 up and am listening to the purest, most inviting sound I've ever heard from my setup through MPC-HC using ReClock and madFLAC.

foobar2000 is still handy for tag and file management, but it sounds slightly harsher and less clear in comparison. The difference is subtle but it persists and is enough for me to switch over. At this point it doesn't matter if it's placebo or not - I'm enjoying the sound too much to care.

smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back