Lilith Audio Player
Oct 16, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #286 of 505
Here,  Athlon Venice 3200+/ Audigy SE (shielded)@X-Fi Xtreme Audio,  I have to set all threads to "real time",  to avoid crackling.  Less, or none at all,  clipping than in Foobar.  
Lilith + Asio4all + CMSS-3D = 
dt880smile.png

Oct 16, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #287 of 505
@Leepery

Do you mind trying version 0.992 of Lilith with "asio(project9k)" and asio4all plugin? I find it even better... nay noticeably better than even the newer ulilith version.

It is in Japanese and haver godawful UI, but imo the sound it produce is very worth it. 

Oct 16, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #288 of 505
Quote:
Here,  Athlon Venice 3200+/ Audigy SE (shielded)@X-Fi Xtreme Audio,  I have to set all threads to "real time",  to avoid crackling.  Less, or none at all,  clipping than in Foobar.  
Lilith + Asio4all + CMSS-3D = 
dt880smile.png

a) it's a very bad idea to randomly set threads to real-time
b) audio glitches have nothing to do with clipping, you're confusing things
c) foobar plays audio 1:1 like any other non-defective audio player so there cannot be "less clipping"

d) this thread gotta be a joke

Oct 16, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #289 of 505

@Leepery

Do you mind trying version 0.992 of Lilith with "asio(project9k)" and asio4all plugin? I find it even better... nay noticeably better than even the newer ulilith version.

It is in Japanese and haver godawful UI, but imo the sound it produce is very worth it. 

It doesn't support VST plugins, does it?

Oct 16, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #291 of 505

Quote:

I thought the biggest drawback is the inability to do a proper search which is even more apparent if you have a humongous playlist like me. I'm aware you can search using the first string of the filename but it's near unusable for me.

If you have Foobar, try loading everything to RAM first as some people claimed that it reduces potential jitter. I couldn't tell a difference but it's nice not to have stutters when you experience heavy network or HDD activities.

And also hello, Excelcius. Nice to see you're posting here too.
biggrin.gif

Nah, I have no problems with stuttering.  The most I'll usually be doing is playing around with Photoshop or messing around on the web, like now.  I'm not sure if that counts as heavy network or hard disk activities, and plus I have stuff downloading in the background, kind of.  I'll give the RAM thing a try.

Oct 16, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #292 of 505

Quote:
@Leepery

Would you mind posting a link to it ?  I will try google...

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #293 of 505

What is VST plugins? Is this plugins can make uLilith sound better? How to use it with uLilith?

right-click/VST plugins/ then you can load them. VST plugins are the most widespread plugins in the PC pro-audio world for EQ, crossfeed and so on. They're processed in 64fp in uLilith, and only 32fp in fubar. Very useful if you wanna follow this tutorial: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/413900/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial

I'll give the RAM thing a try.

I found the SQ even worse when caching the files in RAM in fubar, using XP SP3
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #294 of 505
I tried uLilith but compared to foobar the soundstage collapsed, especially vertically. Sounds are more pinpointed in uLilith so foobar may be a bit blurrier, but I prefer the larger soundstage. uLilith also had slightly sharper highs that got annoying in songs I have no problems with in foobar.

I couldn't get WASAPI output to work in uLilith though, it said the device was already allocated, so I used ASIO in Lilith. This may amount to the differences I think I heard.

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #295 of 505

I tried uLilith but compared to foobar the soundstage collapsed, especially vertically. Sounds are more pinpointed in uLilith so foobar may be a bit blurrier

foobar has automatic HDCD decoding and mixing matrix, but g*ddamn this player sounds horrid. I've tried really hard, but this player is dull as a dish washer...it'd make me sell my audio gear and buy a jackhammer as a new hobby.

Electric-jackhammers-for-hire-from-Kennards-200797.jpg

it's not uLilith that sounds "better", it's just foobar that sounds....fubar: http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/pcaudio/messages/2/21586.html

"the best player I've used in my system in terms of sound. Larger soundstage, everything fleshed out better/of a whole, low bass/bass/drums more impact better defined, everything highs on down more articulate"

Oct 21, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #296 of 505
Quote:
foobar has automatic HDCD decoding and mixing matrix, but g*ddamn this player sounds horrid. I've tried really hard, but this player is dull as a dish washer...it'd make me sell my audio gear and buy a jackhammer as a new hobby.

Electric-jackhammers-for-hire-from-Kennards-200797.jpg

Code:
  <°))))><

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #297 of 505
I think he was agreeing with dropping Foobar2k since the fish symbolizes change according to Greco-Roman mythology. =P

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #299 of 505
That's weird, I can't play anything else if uLilith is playing.  Having uLilith open but not playing anything then play a video or something in another application does nothing to that other app/video.  I, too, use ASIO4all.

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #300 of 505

When I play a song with uLilith through ASIO4ALL and open a .avi the volume of the song goes up. When I quit the .avi the volume goes back to normal again. How come?

your video player messing w/ the windows master volume or so? I often do this w/ PotPlayer+Reclock and uLilith+A4A, everything's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back