Light Harmonic GEEK
Nov 26, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #1,351 of 1,658
Got a 13000mAh battery pack, so have never really tested it.

On extending playing time, depends on your cable.

Ordinary Y cable draws power from both sources. So even with a battery pack, your DAC/Amp still draws power from your Source.

So what I did I have a standard Y cable with one connecter covered its 5V pin (see red vinyl tape).

And hook up a Delock 65296 adapter to Source (Smatrphone/Tablet)

Nov 27, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #1,352 of 1,658
Got a 13000mAh battery pack, so have never really tested it.

On extending playing time, depends on your cable.

Ordinary Y cable draws power from both sources. So even with a battery pack, your DAC/Amp still draws power from your Source.

So what I did I have a standard Y cable with one connecter covered its 5V pin (see red vinyl tape).

And hook up a Delock 65296 adapter to Source (Smatrphone/Tablet)

Great idea! I I will try that. I hope the whole setup works with HTC and Nexus 7.

HTC is the best cellphone I've used so far.

Nov 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #1,353 of 1,658
CORRECTION: The Delock 65296 wont work! (I thought it did and retested it).

Any short OTG cable will also do.

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #1,354 of 1,658
Is the line out at full volume identical for 1000 and 100 versions.

Nov 30, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #1,355 of 1,658
From what I was told they are not. The 1000 is around 4v, the 450 around 2v and the 100 around 1v.

That being said audio advisor on Amazon is running a special on the 1000 and the 100. The 1000 is 239.20 and the 100 is 231.20.

Nov 30, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #1,356 of 1,658
Does the GeekOut 100 IEM, pair with the LG G3 (running Lollipop), without the need to UAPP or UARP?

How does it affect battry life?

Can I use a Y OTG cable with a USB battery to avoid quick G3 battery depletion?

Thanks

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #1,359 of 1,658
  it appears so... I'd be really happy for them if they finally have their products available somewhere other than KickStarter, IGG, and eBay. Great news. :wink:

and Amazon.

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #1,360 of 1,658
I think it's going to be a real product...aa number of dealers will likely have them for sale.

Dec 6, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #1,362 of 1,658
Hello. I just installed my new Geek Out 450 on my Windows 7 box and immediately updated the firmware so now i don't get to know what I'm missing. I think I like the concave button sound better. What am I in for, or did I make a huge mistake? I had been enjoying my Dragonfly 1.2 but it seems kinda tame compared to this new toy. I had heard it runs warm but wow, it really does! I am currently driving some PSB M4U 2 headphones and switching to B&W P5's. I'll lurk awhile but if there's some simple tip I should know IMMEDIATELY please let me know. Thank you, Thank you very much!

Dec 7, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #1,363 of 1,658
Hello. I just installed my new Geek Out 450 on my Windows 7 box and immediately updated the firmware so now i don't get to know what I'm missing. I think I like the concave button sound better. What am I in for, or did I make a huge mistake? I had been enjoying my Dragonfly 1.2 but it seems kinda tame compared to this new toy. I had heard it runs warm but wow, it really does! I am currently driving some PSB M4U 2 headphones and switching to B&W P5's. I'll lurk awhile but if there's some simple tip I should know IMMEDIATELY please let me know. Thank you, Thank you very much!

Nope, with the new firmware you just select filter and enjoy! Just in case... The 47ohm output is line out to amplifiers or high ohm headphones. The .47 is for the vast majorityof headphones.

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #1,364 of 1,658
Hi-one of my problems with LH/Geek Out is the difficulty getting information, basic manual/help kind of stuff. I know it's out there, but I search their site, google,, to no avail. My issue is: I just got the Koss ESP-950 as part of my pre-holiday shopping frenzy. It comes with it's own amp, and I have the GO Special Edition connected to my PC. My recollection is to use it as line out, you have to max the volume on the LH volume control, then hook into the 47 ohm output. Well, at first I got the worst sound you have ever heard from headphones, the music played, but warbled. Then the music player crashed, the GO disconnected itself (only time I've ever felt it cool while connected, and had to reboot the computer to use JRiver again. I thought the headphones may be faulty, so I connected them to my (also new toy) Pono, and it sounded great. I've been searching for what I did wrong, would love to be able to listen to the GO/PC, can't find the information. Anyone know where to find it?

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #1,365 of 1,658
Hi-one of my problems with LH/Geek Out is the difficulty getting information, basic manual/help kind of stuff. I know it's out there, but I search their site, google,, to no avail. My issue is: I just got the Koss ESP-950 as part of my pre-holiday shopping frenzy. It comes with it's own amp, and I have the GO Special Edition connected to my PC. My recollection is to use it as line out, you have to max the volume on the LH volume control, then hook into the 47 ohm output. Well, at first I got the worst sound you have ever heard from headphones, the music played, but warbled. Then the music player crashed, the GO disconnected itself (only time I've ever felt it cool while connected, and had to reboot the computer to use JRiver again. I thought the headphones may be faulty, so I connected them to my (also new toy) Pono, and it sounded great. I've been searching for what I did wrong, would love to be able to listen to the GO/PC, can't find the information. Anyone know where to find it?

Welcome to the world of e-stat headphones. Don't mind the e-stat crinkling "fart" when you put the headphones on your head/move them on your head. lol

http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=ESP/950_Electrostatic_Stereophone
Says here that the E90 amp only has an input level of 1 VRMS, which is well below what the Geek Out outputs at maximum volume (assuming the GO SE is 450 mW like the GO 450, it outputs about 2.68 VRMS). You're probably hearing clipping.

Interesting that the input level is only 1 VRMS. The entry-level STAX amp (SRM-252S) has a maximum input of 30 V.

No idea what the Pono outputs because that player screams in agony with the lack of any specifications whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back