Light Harmonic GEEK
Sep 23, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #1,246 of 1,658
  Just google it: Traditional Chinese Medicine .... and Financial Risk Managment.... Dunno what else °-°

Lol.

Now that's what I'd call a real massive firmware update: Geek Go will be able to heal you + give financial advices while playing your favorite music. 
basshead.gif

Sep 23, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #1,250 of 1,658
Have a 1010 and it barely fits together with my IEM.

Bought a 1050 so that my future Geek Wave could snug in also.

Pelican 1010 and pluck foam.

Thankfully I don't plan on sharing a case with my CIEM and the GO SE, so then the 1010 should work perfectly for my purposes. It's simply there to protect the SE while traveling. I'm going to baby that bad boy.

IIs the 1120 way too big? I like them without the polycarbonate front'd prefer to not have the clear poly carbonate, otherwise the 1010 would be great. 1050 doesn't seem to be waterproof?

Sep 24, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #1,251 of 1,658

IIs the 1120 way too big? I like them without the polycarbonate front'd prefer to not have the clear poly carbonate, otherwise the 1010 would be great. 1050 doesn't seem to be waterproof?

You can get the 1010 without the clear lid. It just costs a tiny bit more than the clear topped version.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001G2ABZU/

Sep 25, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #1,253 of 1,658
Nice to hop-in Casey!

Michael

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #1,256 of 1,658
Huzzah! I just learned that the GO Signature Edition should begin shipping on Monday. That's great news for 2 reasons. First I'll finally have my GO SE in hand, woo! But second, and probably more importantly, that means that the firmware will be done. The email stated that the GO SE should be packaged on Saturday and since they're going to ship with the new firmware then that means it'll be done by Saturday as well.

Bring on the firmware updates!

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #1,258 of 1,658
  Has there been an answer regarding the various USB streaming mode buffer settings within the LH control panel?

Gavin did post a brief reply (on the Geek forums) saying that min latency should have the best SQ but it is system dependant.

I experimented between Safe (which was the default) and Standard. With Standard, I got a bit more resolution and detail. The bass was a bit cleaner. However, I feel that Safe is warmer and smoother.

I tried Min latency but it caused some noise in the USB bus which was no good.

Oct 1, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #1,260 of 1,658
I posted this in another thread, but it's relevant here too.

So the new firmware update itself introduces better optimisation for DSD loading to avoid pauses that some people experienced, as well as an optimised the 3L buffer whatever that is. Switching between the first and beta firmware, it made the music a little smoother-sounding.

The volume buttons have been replaced with changing digital filters:
  • Volume up: "Time Comprehension Mode" (TCM) - a minimum phase filter with no pre-ringing on the impulse response at the cost of having more post-ringing and phase change (I find this mode to sound smoother than the one below)
  • Volume down: "Frequency Response Mode" (FRM) - a normal brick-wall linear filter but it has a slow roll-off instead of a sharp one, which creates less ringing all-together at the cost of allowing higher-frequency aliasing to possibly interfere with the music

Volume control is now done via your computer while keeping everything bit-perfect.

The firmware can be downloaded from here:
http://lhlabs.com/support.html
or to save you a mouse click
http://lhlabs.com/downloads/Geek_Out_Firware_1V5.bin.zip

Installation is easy. Download the above .zip file, extract it to somewhere on your computer, open C:/Program Files/Light Harmonic/USB_Audio_Driver/LightHarmonicDFU.exe, plug in the Geek Out, browse your computer for the extracted file, press the start button, wait for it to finish installing the firmware, exit the program, unplug/replug in the Geek Out.

If you want to switch back to the original firmware, do the exact same thing as above but with this .zip folder instead:
http://lhlabs.com/downloads/Geek_Out_Firware_1V0.bin.zip

As of right now, you can't change the firmware via OS X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back