Light Harmonic GEEK
Oct 6, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #1,277 of 1,658
  Now you don't need a usb hub to use the geek out with cck and iphone!

Oh, that Powerstix is much smaller than my Anker...good to know that you can get things down to this size!

Oct 7, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #1,279 of 1,658
After a long period of anticipation the Geek Out Signature Edition has arrived. Here's a couple of quick and dirty photos before I immerse myself in music for the next few hours. Tomorrow is probably going to suck at work since I might get caught up in the music tonight. :D

Gold Geek Out SE

LH Labs signatures

Pelican case to protect the SE during travel

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #1,280 of 1,658
Absolutely gorgeous ... I have a Geek Out coming at some stage (with the LPS4 and Pulse Xfi?) as a referral reward, and can't wait to have SOMETHING from Lhlabs, so that I can contribute to their forum once again ... at this stage I feel there's little point, as I haven't heard anything and therefore have little to contribute ... soon, soon - hopefully soon ...

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #1,281 of 1,658
Wow nice.  I kind of wish I had gone for the geek pulse + geek out combo deal now instead of geek pulse x just so I had a nice dac to play with until my geek pulse arrived.  especially with the new firmware.. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #1,283 of 1,658
I had no problem with the f/w upgrade but I still have no luck getting it to work with a Nexus android tablet.
Does anyone know if/when this problem will be fixed, is it a f/w issue, an android issue (I have the UAPP app which works fine with a meridian explorer but nada with the geek out)?
Is this something that LH are working on, or is it something that they hope goes away with Android L (which is supposed to enable native usb audio)?

Quote:
I posted this in another thread, but it's relevant here too.

So the new firmware update itself introduces better optimisation for DSD loading to avoid pauses that some people experienced, as well as an optimised the 3L buffer whatever that is. Switching between the first and beta firmware, it made the music a little smoother-sounding.

The volume buttons have been replaced with changing digital filters:
  1. Volume up: "Time Comprehension Mode" (TCM) - a minimum phase filter with no pre-ringing on the impulse response at the cost of having more post-ringing and phase change (I find this mode to sound smoother than the one below)
  2. Volume down: "Frequency Response Mode" (FRM) - a normal brick-wall linear filter but it has a slow roll-off instead of a sharp one, which creates less ringing all-together at the cost of allowing higher-frequency aliasing to possibly interfere with the music

Volume control is now done via your computer while keeping everything bit-perfect.

The firmware can be downloaded from here:
http://lhlabs.com/support.html
or to save you a mouse click
http://lhlabs.com/downloads/Geek_Out_Firware_1V5.bin.zip

Installation is easy. Download the above .zip file, extract it to somewhere on your computer, open C:/Program Files/Light Harmonic/USB_Audio_Driver/LightHarmonicDFU.exe, plug in the Geek Out, browse your computer for the extracted file, press the start button, wait for it to finish installing the firmware, exit the program, unplug/replug in the Geek Out.

If you want to switch back to the original firmware, do the exact same thing as above but with this .zip folder instead:
http://lhlabs.com/downloads/Geek_Out_Firware_1V0.bin.zip

As of right now, you can't change the firmware via OS X.

Oct 8, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #1,285 of 1,658
As with other DACs or DAC/Amp combos, its a hit and miss with Android since it is not officiality supported.

One may work and for the other won't.

Have a GO 1000 and its works with Galaxy Note 3, Tab S 8.4 LTE and Note 10.1 (ed. 2014) Tablet. All in Android 4.4.2

Oct 8, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #1,286 of 1,658
I must say I am thoroughly enjoying the GO100 with the new firmware and driver.  Pure audio bliss with my JH13's fed directly from the GO.  Pink Floyd never sounded so good! 
etysmile.gif
  I HAVE BECOME COMFORTABLY NUMB!!!!!

Hats off to LH Labs

Oct 8, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #1,287 of 1,658
Quick question what is the best way to upgrade the driver.  I just installed the new driver first without uninstalling the old driver.  I am thinking it may have been better to uninstall the old first.

Oct 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #1,288 of 1,658
Old driver will be automatically uninstalled when installing the new driver.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #1,290 of 1,658
  I guess it's because even 450mA is too much for most android devices, they dont support it. Did you try to power these with more then the nexus, with an usb y splitter + external power?

yes, i did but no joy :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back