Light Harmonic GEEK
Sep 21, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #1,232 of 1,658
Has it been 10 days since the promised firmware?

We all understand by now LHLabs deadlines or promises are ghosts in the wind.

Don't hold your breathe.

Sep 21, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #1,234 of 1,658
Wow, and I thought that the GO100 was good by itself (by the way it is for portable use) however when I used the go100 lineout to the P627M my ears were treated to nothing short of audio bliss.  The slightly audible hiss is gone and there is a fuller more analog sound with a larger 3d soundstage.  The volume slider still controls the volume so I left it at 100%.  Looking forward to what the P627M will do with the Meridian Explorer.

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #1,235 of 1,658
from Larry Ho...

= = = = = = = =

We are testing the new firmware today. IF everything runs fine for two more days, then we will post it on forum and also ship out the GO SE.

And the new design of firmware should be nice for everyone.

Besides quite a lot of places of SQ improvement. I change the buttons functions a little bit.

"Up" button will become TCM. "Down" button will be FRM. When both buttons pressed, it will switch the functions back to Volume up and volume down.

So for Windows 8.1/7, no more volume issue. Just use computer, and they could enjoy the digital filter switching joy.
For Mac user, they could still use the volume control buttons by just press two buttons together.

Cheers,

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #1,238 of 1,658
from Larry Ho...

= = = = = = = =

We are testing the new firmware today. IF everything runs fine for two more days, then we will post it on forum and also ship out the GO SE.

Besides quite a lot of places of SQ improvement. I change the buttons functions a little bit.

"Up" button will become TCM. "Down" button will be FRM. When both buttons pressed, it will switch the functions back to Volume up and volume down.

So for Windows 8.1/7, no more volume issue. Just use computer, and they could enjoy the digital filter switching joy.
For Mac user, they could still use the volume control buttons by just press two buttons together.

Cheers,

Nice! That reminds me of when I reprogrammed the JDS Labs C5D's digital potentiometer: 5 modes of operation depending on how many times you push the potentiometer and each mode has different behaviors. XD

Sep 23, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #1,239 of 1,658
Trellis Coded Modulation
Frequency Response Modulation

maybe...

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #1,240 of 1,658
Let me second the unbelievable combination of the GO 100 and the SE846! I'm absolutely blown away with how well they pair together whether it's DSD128 or 256 kbps mp3.

I have the AK120II which I also love when I'm on the road, but the GO 100 (with JRiver MC tuned to my preferred sound sig (u-shape)) is the most perfect sound I've ever heard. Of course, ymmv. 

Sep 23, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #1,241 of 1,658
from Larry Ho...

= = = = = = = =

Cheers,

Yay, shipping of the GO SE! That means I should have it in time for RMAF next month. I have a Pelican case on order to protect it during travel. :p

Sep 23, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #1,242 of 1,658
New Driver!

http://lhlabs.com/downloads/LightHarmonic_DriverSetup_v2.23.zip

Not firmware so...
DON'T TOUCH VOLUME BUTTONS!

A bit better SQ, IMO.

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #1,244 of 1,658
Have a 1010 and it barely fits together with my IEM.

Bought a 1050 so that my future Geek Wave could snug in also.

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #1,245 of 1,658
What model Pelican? Great idea!

Pelican 1010 and pluck foam.

Have a 1010 and it barely fits together with my IEM.

Bought a 1050 so that my future Geek Wave could snug in also.

Thankfully I don't plan on sharing a case with my CIEM and the GO SE, so then the 1010 should work perfectly for my purposes. It's simply there to protect the SE while traveling. I'm going to baby that bad boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back