Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Nov 14, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #5,551 of 5,933
just wow this drama turned off my interest totally in the oscar iem, although i heard the oscar iem in hong kong and it sounded good but way too expensive, but I simply can not support a company that is behaving in that manner no matter how good their iem is.

Nov 18, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #5,552 of 5,933
@stuck limo. As ChrisSC pointed out a few posts ago in this thread, the TOTL Geek Wave (whatever it used to be called) was supposed to be a no-compromise DAP that was on par with or exceeded TOTL DAPs by other vendors 5+ yrs ago. I don't understand why Light Harmonic's plans to develop/produce a premiere market (as you said) DAP have been put on hold. Seems to me that Light Harmonic could produce their high end DAP and make it available to all those who perked for all the features of the TOTL Wave. If indeed the Light Harmonic DAP is/will be as high end as you purport, then I would think that at least some of those who backed the absolute TOTL Wave would accept this offer, especially since it's pretty clear they are getting nothing else in the foreseeable future. For all those that backed something less than all the available perks for the Wave, Light Harmonic could offer substantial discounts on their new DAP or refunds for what each individual paid in for the Wave. After Larry reconciled with Wave backers, Light Harmonic could move on with sales of their premiere DAP and Larry could move on with his business dreams... Has Light Harmonic considered this as a possible solution to resolve Larry's problems?

if Larry cared about his customers, this situation wouldn't have happened in the first place... let's call a spade a spade

Nov 19, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #5,553 of 5,933
@stuck limo. As ChrisSC pointed out a few posts ago in this thread, the TOTL Geek Wave (whatever it used to be called) was supposed to be a no-compromise DAP that was on par with or exceeded TOTL DAPs by other vendors 5+ yrs ago. I don't understand why Light Harmonic's plans to develop/produce a premiere market (as you said) DAP have been put on hold. Seems to me that Light Harmonic could produce their high end DAP and make it available to all those who perked for all the features of the TOTL Wave. If indeed the Light Harmonic DAP is/will be as high end as you purport, then I would think that at least some of those who backed the absolute TOTL Wave would accept this offer, especially since it's pretty clear they are getting nothing else in the foreseeable future. For all those that backed something less than all the available perks for the Wave, Light Harmonic could offer substantial discounts on their new DAP or refunds for what each individual paid in for the Wave. After Larry reconciled with Wave backers, Light Harmonic could move on with sales of their premiere DAP and Larry could move on with his business dreams... Has Light Harmonic considered this as a possible solution to resolve Larry's problems?

They could do many things, but in case you forgot the main problem it's this:

They
don't
have
any
money.

Compounded by: Nobody in the industry who could possibly help will touch them with a ten-foot barge pole.

Then, the extra icing on the cake: They are getting sued [Edit, see this post on AS], so any money they might, ever possible have (say, as a result of actually managing to sell a $6k IEM at any quantity in China or whatever stuff they are making for cars) will just as quickly evaporate as the funds for the WAVE did. I actually wonder where the money for the rental of that nice office, as well as the staff is coming from, now I think of it.

I really don't understand why Larry keeps on with the charade any longer, especially as they are being sued.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #5,555 of 5,933
@Currawong, so has an actual lawsuit been filed against Larry, Light Harmonic or LH Labs, or is this still an anticipated/desired event for IGG backers of the Wave? If there has been a lawsuit filed, what is the current status and requested claims?

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #5,556 of 5,933
@jdog I don't know the details, just that they collected names of people and lawyered up.

See this post on AS.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #5,557 of 5,933
@jdog I don't know the details, just that they collected names of people and lawyered up.

Latest update regarding the complaint status was posted a couple of days ago on the page I'm not allowed to mention here.

The complaint to the California State AG has gone through fact gathering and numerous drafts that have circulated among the authors. We expect to finish it sooner than LH ships its next product. We have determined that, due to various jurisdictions' rules governing transmission of personally-identifiable information, we cannot identify the names of people who want to join in the complaint, but we definitely will include as an appendix a copy of the spreadsheet with the various claimants' loss listing. We also will let everyone know what and where we file. Then, people can choose to refer to the filing if they care to make their own submissions incorporating ours. Be aware, though, that we are asking for relief for everyone who paid into the crowdfund, even if not identified in the complaint individually.

Nov 25, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #5,558 of 5,933
I assume we can PM the info, which removes it from public view, correct? If not, then I suggest you supply your personal email via PM and communicate using that channel.

Nov 25, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #5,559 of 5,933
Would suggest further communications regarding legal proceedings take place at and through the Audiophile Style website, which has a thread with all the latest pertinent information.

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #5,560 of 5,933
Oh No, Astell and Kern is launching another model, now up to 17 while Larry is designing a player
upload_2019-12-9_11-29-12.png

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #5,564 of 5,933

Users who are viewing this thread

Back