Light Harmonic Geek Wave
post-15274806
Post #5,536 of 5,756

judmarc

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Shall we bet that Larry brings this to the Chinese/Asian market before the Waves from the IGG campaign have been delivered?
Haven't we heard this "no-LH-shipping-until-the-campaign-devices-have-all-been-shipped" before?

Speaking of development: is this Chinese team which should continue the development of the Wave still working for LHL? Or have they thrown the towel, too?
Or perhaps it's already been developed (this isn't rocket science), Jarek spoke out of turn, and is trying to walk it back.

Impossible to know without information we can rely on, and certainly no one associated with LHL has proved to be reliable over the years.

post-15275003
Post #5,537 of 5,756

jsiegel14072

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Good thing that Wave design was done in July
Wave Q&A 7/29
Modified on: Mon, 29 Jul, 2019 at 8:59 PM

*What is the timeline on prototypes of Wave and final production for backers?

We completed the hardware design and now are working on updating the DAC IC to the latest. Once we have done that, we will update the part number.

-Software-wise, we let the software team focus on the previous problem first - The Bluetooth receiving and transmitting. (Bluetooth is FIXED and working)

-Also battery life was extended due to an upgrade to another energy efficient CPU from NXP (Still ARM based)

-Current schedule is: we will see the EP7 around early Oct. If that tests and works well, then this version with minor tweaks

will become the release candidate 1. After that, following the original plan, we will send out 5 to backers who are willing to help and test.

Then we will go into production.

post-15275070
Post #5,538 of 5,756

judmarc

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Good thing that Wave design was done in July
Wave Q&A 7/29
Modified on: Mon, 29 Jul, 2019 at 8:59 PM

*What is the timeline on prototypes of Wave and final production for backers?

We completed the hardware design and now are working on updating the DAC IC to the latest. Once we have done that, we will update the part number.

-Software-wise, we let the software team focus on the previous problem first - The Bluetooth receiving and transmitting. (Bluetooth is FIXED and working)

-Also battery life was extended due to an upgrade to another energy efficient CPU from NXP (Still ARM based)

-Current schedule is: we will see the EP7 around early Oct. If that tests and works well, then this version with minor tweaks

will become the release candidate 1. After that, following the original plan, we will send out 5 to backers who are willing to help and test.

Then we will go into production.
Ah, early October - I love the whooshing sound deadlines make as they fly past, as Douglas Adams said.

In an October update LH said a final PCB had yet to be designed, so whatever “completed the hardware design” was supposed to mean, apparently it didn’t include the actual electronics.

Or perhaps it’s all just whatever LH feels like writing at the moment, eh?

post-15275162
Post #5,539 of 5,756

germay0653

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Ah, early October - I love the whooshing sound deadlines make as they fly past, as Douglas Adams said.

In an October update LH said a final PCB had yet to be designed, so whatever “completed the hardware design” was supposed to mean, apparently it didn’t include the actual electronics.

Or perhaps it’s all just whatever LH feels like writing at the moment, eh?
Wow, is this LHL's version of an episode, "We're all Bozos on this bus", from the Firesign Theater? The satire is just so overwhelming!!

post-15275333
Post #5,541 of 5,756

jdog

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
@stuck limo. As ChrisSC pointed out a few posts ago in this thread, the TOTL Geek Wave (whatever it used to be called) was supposed to be a no-compromise DAP that was on par with or exceeded TOTL DAPs by other vendors 5+ yrs ago. I don't understand why Light Harmonic's plans to develop/produce a premiere market (as you said) DAP have been put on hold. Seems to me that Light Harmonic could produce their high end DAP and make it available to all those who perked for all the features of the TOTL Wave. If indeed the Light Harmonic DAP is/will be as high end as you purport, then I would think that at least some of those who backed the absolute TOTL Wave would accept this offer, especially since it's pretty clear they are getting nothing else in the foreseeable future. For all those that backed something less than all the available perks for the Wave, Light Harmonic could offer substantial discounts on their new DAP or refunds for what each individual paid in for the Wave. After Larry reconciled with Wave backers, Light Harmonic could move on with sales of their premiere DAP and Larry could move on with his business dreams... Has Light Harmonic considered this as a possible solution to resolve Larry's problems?

post-15275568
Post #5,542 of 5,756

Hercules

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
@stuck limo. As ChrisSC pointed out a few posts ago in this thread, the TOTL Geek Wave (whatever it used to be called) was supposed to be a no-compromise DAP that was on par with or exceeded TOTL DAPs by other vendors 5+ yrs ago. I don't understand why Light Harmonic's plans to develop/produce a premiere market (as you said) DAP have been put on hold. Seems to me that Light Harmonic could produce their high end DAP and make it available to all those who perked for all the features of the TOTL Wave. If indeed the Light Harmonic DAP is/will be as high end as you purport, then I would think that at least some of those who backed the absolute TOTL Wave would accept this offer, especially since it's pretty clear they are getting nothing else in the foreseeable future. For all those that backed something less than all the available perks for the Wave, Light Harmonic could offer substantial discounts on their new DAP or refunds for what each individual paid in for the Wave. After Larry reconciled with Wave backers, Light Harmonic could move on with sales of their premiere DAP and Larry could move on with his business dreams... Has Light Harmonic considered this as a possible solution to resolve Larry's problems?
i paid 2.2k USD for a illusion device but became inferior device before it birth..... what a hard feeling....

Last edited:
post-15275936
Post #5,544 of 5,756

Zojokkeli

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I bought FiiO X1 (and later X3 II) to tide me over until Wave comes out...

post-15276382
Post #5,546 of 5,756

Raketen

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Larry could have subcontract the design and production. in the time he has experimented, FIIO has done this
Cowon released two new players in the time it took you to post that picture.

post-15276554
Post #5,547 of 5,756

judmarc

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Cowon released two new players in the time it took you to post that picture.
Yes, there are literally dozens of these, some quite good, on the market. I've got a Pono, and can set up my phone to stream hi res music from home or streaming service to a portable DAC, and from there to headphones or an audio system.

There really is no need for another DAP, and I don't know how much of a market there would be for one. I certainly don't need or want a Wave at this point. My money back after 5 years, yes.

post-15277851
Post #5,548 of 5,756

Mike-WI

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Yes, there are literally dozens of these, some quite good, on the market. I've got a Pono, and can set up my phone to stream hi res music from home or streaming service to a portable DAC, and from there to headphones or an audio system.

There really is no need for another DAP, and I don't know how much of a market there would be for one. I certainly don't need or want a Wave at this point. My money back after 5 years, yes.
For digital audio players I have:
- iPhone - useful for short flights when I don't want multiple devices (and easy to coordinate with bluetooth)
- Shanling M0 - tiny
- A&futura SE100

...and there are DAPs more and less expensive than those.
That market changes very fast -- just follow A&K -- and has lots of competition at all price points.
The Wave sounded great when it was funded. Too old now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)