Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Oct 28, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #5,522 of 5,933
A web site for a defunct company to post updates for a product that will never be completed in the hope of avoiding a lawsuit? Bit late for that.

Hercules, can you share the address where you are seeing this? I don't see the Vi DAC on their Home Audio page.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #5,524 of 5,933
Two of the Crowdfunded items moved from LHL to LH products lineup, Source and Vi DAC
Hercules, can you share the address where you are seeing this? I don't see the Vi DAC on their Home Audio page.

Also, I note that the model shown [on the Vi DAC Tube] was branded "Light Harmonic". Will those that are shipped to backers be branded "Light Harmonic"? No drama, just curious.

Good questions. Since LH Labs is basically not funded at this point by crowdfunding, any remaining LH Labs product will probably be shipped as Light Harmonic products/branding. It may vary by model/unit/campaign, but that's essentially the plan at this point. Yes, the model [Vi DAC Tube] is a fully working unit which should theoretically be finished early next week. Tests will be done on these early models, and then the rest of the units will be produced and shipped.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #5,525 of 5,933
Also their products, to my knowledge. Anything that gets produced will be upper tier/summit fi level and pricing, at least under Light Harmonic. For instance, the Wave IGG crowdfunded version (which will/should already be very good quality) vs the Light Harmonic version which will be summit-fi tier which has been put on indefinite hold due to the IGG Wave situation. Since LH Labs was a crowd-funded division, since it's no longer being crowd-funded, it will cease operations after the campaigns have been fulfilled and/or refunded.

That would imply that Larry won't be able to produce any LH product in the next decade, or?
If he would really put any model on hold because of the not-finished-yet campaigns (and not only the Wave campaign) I'm asking myself how he will make any sales (I'm not even talking about revenue)? Will the 6k IEMs and the DaVincis really pay the bill? Unbelievable...

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #5,526 of 5,933
That would imply that Larry won't be able to produce any LH product in the next decade, or?
If he would really put any model on hold because of the not-finished-yet campaigns (and not only the Wave campaign) I'm asking myself how he will make any sales (I'm not even talking about revenue)? Will the 6k IEMs and the DaVincis really pay the bill? Unbelievable...

Backer feedback, especially on this and other forums, have stated loud and clear they wish Light Harmonic to cease all selling of all Light Harmonic goods until at least the LH Labs product has been delivered. This includes any and all forms of the Wave or variations. Can you imagine the outcry if LH put out their version of the Wave at this time? As it stands now, due to public pressure, LH will not release or receive any money for their Wave-like product, nor will LH Labs receive funding from that product at this time.

Oct 28, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #5,527 of 5,933
As it stands now, due to public pressure, LH will not release or receive any money for their Wave-like product, nor will LH Labs receive funding from that product at this time.

Ah, Light Harmonic has been able to develop a "Wave-like product"? Do tell.

Oct 28, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #5,528 of 5,933
Ah, Light Harmonic has been able to develop a "Wave-like product"? Do tell.

It's a flagship premium player on the level of any other flagship DAP manufacturer. That's all I know. And there's no release date at this time and I dont even know in what exact state it exists at this point. And it'll be named something else. And it was not based on the Wave from what I understand, the Wave was instead based off that product from what I understand.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #5,529 of 5,933
I dont even know in what exact state it exists at this point.

This contradicts your previous statement that the reason it isn't being released is due to possible public outcry. Obviously if the product hasn't even been developed, that would be the reason it hasn't been released.

So as is so often the case, we are left to wonder which of the various contradictory explanations (or none of them) might be true.

Oct 28, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #5,530 of 5,933
This contradicts your previous statement that the reason it isn't being released is due to possible public outcry. Obviously if the product hasn't even been developed, that would be the reason it hasn't been released.

So as is so often the case, we are left to wonder which of the various contradictory explanations (or none of them) might be true.

There was no contradiction. Regardless of whatever state it is in, at this point it wont be released until after the wave due to public outcry. The state it's in is irrelevant. It may exist in prototype and not be fast tracked. It may not exist except on paper and wont be fast tracked. Either way, it wont be made or released or whatever term you want to use until after Wave. Do you want it released before Wave? We can gauge public reaction again right now if you want. I'll take the info and pass it along.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #5,531 of 5,933
There was no contradiction. Regardless of whatever state it is in, at this point it wont be released until after the wave due to public outcry. The state it's in is irrelevant. It may exist in prototype and not be fast tracked. It may not exist except on paper and wont be fast tracked. Either way, it wont be made or released or whatever term you want to use until after Wave. Do you want it released before Wave? We can gauge public reaction again right now if you want. I'll take the info and pass it along.

That's funny in a dark sort of way. A "product" that may be entirely hypothetical won't be released, if at some indefinite future point it is ever ready, because Light Harmonic will at such indefinite future date be suddenly ultra sensitive to the thoughts of backers in return for whose millions not so much as a full working prototype has been developed in 5 years.

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #5,532 of 5,933
That's funny in a dark sort of way. A "product" that may be entirely hypothetical won't be released, if at some indefinite future point it is ever ready, because Light Harmonic will at such indefinite future date be suddenly ultra sensitive to the thoughts of backers in return for whose millions not so much as a full working prototype has been developed in 5 years.

From what I observed during the past 6 years from Larry Ho et al., the answer would be "YES!"

Oct 28, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #5,533 of 5,933
It's a flagship premium player on the level of any other flagship DAP manufacturer.

...Wasn't that what the Geekwave was supposed to be? I know this is all bull, but if it weren't, shouldn't Larry put all his time and energy into making that player to give to Geekwave backers instead? Again, and I can't stress this enough, this is merely a thought exercise because nothing's actually happening.

It is, however, revealing that even in make-believe fantasy la-la-land Larry Ho still can't do the right thing. After 6 years, if you're gonna lie, at least give one that doesn't make the backers feel further abused! Incompetence at lying... at least LHL or LH or LSD or whatever you call yourself is, if nothing else, consistent.

Oct 29, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #5,534 of 5,933
It's a flagship premium player on the level of any other flagship DAP manufacturer. That's all I know. And there's no release date at this time and I dont even know in what exact state it exists at this point. And it'll be named something else. And it was not based on the Wave from what I understand, the Wave was instead based off that product from what I understand.

Shall we bet that Larry brings this to the Chinese/Asian market before the Waves from the IGG campaign have been delivered?
Haven't we heard this "no-LH-shipping-until-the-campaign-devices-have-all-been-shipped" before?

Speaking of development: is this Chinese team which should continue the development of the Wave still working for LHL? Or have they thrown the towel, too?

Oct 29, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #5,535 of 5,933
Shall we bet that Larry brings this to the Chinese/Asian market before the Waves from the IGG campaign have been delivered?
Haven't we heard this "no-LH-shipping-until-the-campaign-devices-have-all-been-shipped" before?

Speaking of development: is this Chinese team which should continue the development of the Wave still working for LHL? Or have they thrown the towel, too?

At this point, the plan is what I stated. Of course, things may change in the future, but they aren't slated to change at this point in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back