Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Oct 27, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #4,697 of 5,933
@stuck limo, thanks for your posts, but I think I'm more confused now than before... What missed shipping dates are you referring to? How many shipments are delayed? Are you trying to say that there are a substantial number of finished products that have just been sitting around in a warehouse somewhere for 2+ years and they haven't been shipped out due to some kind of internal LHL shipping problem? And Larry had to go to China to find someone who could solve this problem?? No offense, but I don't believe Larry anymore... Perhaps Larry could have considered a consult with Amazon for a solution to his shipping problems, or maybe he could use Amazon to move the products out... We all know he used Amazon in the past to try to sell off those POS IEMs (original vibrato or whatever they were called) that he and Gavin came out with a few yrs ago... But no, he had to wait more than 2 yrs to find someone in China??? The real problems with LHL all stem from a lack of money...PERIOD. I am looking forward to your update on the Wave...but to be honest, I'm not expecting to read anything of real substance... In fact, unless you are going to show us an independent, functioning beta Wave unit that plays music, then you are wasting our time.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #4,698 of 5,933
To anyone who cares, I decided to look at Amazon to see if they still were selling those awful IEM's. I couldn't find those, but they do list 2 versions of the Pulse and 2 light speed cables. Interestingly for the new products from LH Labs, they only have 1 of each in stock, but 2 of them include the message "(more on the way)". Amazon does have used Pulse units listed by other sellers that are less expensive... But none of these seem to be moving out very quickly....

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #4,699 of 5,933
I just had a conversation with Larry over missed shipment dates (mainly) and how this is a huge problem for us and backers.

As stated in several previous posts, the missed shipment dates have been going on for several years now, and are not isolated to one product, one or two production issues, or any narrow time frame.

I'm told there is a new product manager (starts on Monday) that was just hired in Shenzhen, and they are working on hiring another team in Shenzhen, so all these missed shipment dates should somewhat/mostly (?) be resolved in the future.

Right, sure... new hires, new factories, new chassis designs... everything to be resolved "in the future". What futuristic time frame is Larry now predicting? He isn't.

The issue is the internal shipping data and not enough manpower to micro-manage the shipment flows.

This too is typical Larry gibberish, recycled from previous bull stories that he thinks we've long ago forgotten about. Even if we were to attach some new meaning/significance to this, the story quickly falls apart when you take into account there are no "shipment flows", and therefore nothing to micro-manage.

Also, working on getting the next Wave/Vi DAC updates ready. I've done the brunt of the work, I just need Larry to fill in the gaps and I'll post them as soon I have them.

Thank you for that.

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #4,700 of 5,933
@stuck limo, thanks for your posts, but I think I'm more confused now than before... What missed shipping dates are you referring to? How many shipments are delayed?

The Source boards haven't arrived. Neither have the LPS units or the Vi DAC (solid/tube) chassis units. They were all previously scheduled to have arrived by now.

Are you trying to say that there are a substantial number of finished products that have just been sitting around in a warehouse somewhere for 2+ years and they haven't been shipped out due to some kind of internal LHL shipping problem?

No, these are parts I'm describing. Not completed units.

And Larry had to go to China to find someone who could solve this problem??

LH was already in China in Shenzhen. They have a functioning Light Harmonic office there and have for a long time. Now due to the investor, LH is hiring more people/getting more resources who can deal with the LHL side of shipping. What those exact shipping issues are, I don't know. But the new product manager is expected to be able to deal with Asian factories and shipments, instead of Larry having to fly everywhere and deal with it himself. Theoretically that should solve and tighten up shipping issues.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #4,701 of 5,933
The Source boards haven't arrived. Neither have the LPS units or the Vi DAC (solid/tube) chassis units. They were all previously scheduled to have arrived by now.

Why are we just now hearing this and not when the order date was missed? Why do we have to find this out here and not in an actual update?

Why do we have to keep :deadhorse:? My arms are tired

Oct 30, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #4,703 of 5,933
More like tire retreads that have fallen off. Same old, worn out, tire underneath! Not sure why I even respond anymore because nothing ever, really, changes.

Oct 31, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #4,706 of 5,933
Updates are very slow to get made, approved, etc.

And why does a simple update about a shipment status need all that?

Why are we 5 years later still having to jump through hoops to get a basic update?

After what we paid for these units it shouldn’t be this hard to get timely updates.....

Oct 31, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #4,708 of 5,933
I really don't understand why it's such a big problem for LHL to just tell it like it is.

Surely at this stage there's no chance of further disenfranchising or angering backers by simply telling the truth regardless of how painful that truth may be. In fact, I'm sure backers would be more prepared to support the company if they were given facts, even if those facts constituted nothing but bad news.

I think that this would be far better received by most than being constantly bullsh*tted to.

Please LHL change your PR strategy as the current one is helping no one.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #4,709 of 5,933
I really don't understand why it's such a big problem for LHL to just tell it like it is.

Surely at this stage there's no chance of further disenfranchising or angering backers by simply telling the truth regardless of how painful that truth may be. In fact, I'm sure backers would be more prepared to support the company if they were given facts, even if those facts constituted nothing but bad news.

I think that this would be far better received by most than being constantly bullsh*tted to.

Please LHL change your PR strategy as the current one is helping no one.
Why tell the truth, when they can lie. If they tell the truth, it's a confession, and LHL will have to live by it.

Nov 4, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #4,710 of 5,933
New investor = confirmation that there isn't sufficient campaign money left to complete the Wave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back