Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Sep 10, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #4,666 of 5,933
Fiber Backing.jpg
This is part of the fiber backing LHL is working with the factory on right now. The plastic I posted above is just a window part or a small part of the REAL carbon fiber, which will allow the antenna for wifi/bluetooth to work. So you're getting full carbon fiber except for a small window/patch which allow the wireless signals to come through. LHL is working with the factory to find a piece of plastic that will blend well with the real carbon fiber backing. Not sure which one they'll pick yet. I'll probably throw this in the next official update, but here it is in case anyone wants to see it now.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #4,669 of 5,933
Hi Jarek, it’s Carbon Fiber textured plastic, not carbon fiber, I wish LH not delivery plastic sheet on my carbon signature which costs extra 300 bucks

Just for your information, Yick Sang is Hong Kong Company, they don’t manufacture carbon fiber but plastic

http://yicksangltd.com/ys-catalogue/

Better not have paid $300 for plastic but then I’m not surprised after the Source BS

Plus we better get some say in what backing they pick

The plastic I posted is just a window part or a small part of the REAL carbon fiber, which will allow the antenna for wifi/bluetooth to work. So you're getting full carbon fiber except for a small window/patch which allow the wireless signals to come through. LHL is working with the factory to find a piece of plastic that will blend well with the real carbon fiber backing.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #4,670 of 5,933
The plastic I posted is just a window part or a small part of the REAL carbon fiber, which will allow the antenna for wifi/bluetooth to work. So you're getting full carbon fiber except for a small window/patch which allow the wireless signals to come through. LHL is working with the factory to find a piece of plastic that will blend well with the real carbon fiber backing.

Wow...is that LHL´s USP? Haven´t seen that on other "high end" DAPs...

Sep 11, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #4,671 of 5,933
From Facebook Light Harmonic:
"Light Harmonic has a new office space! We've relocated to Rocklin, CA, just a short drive away from the original Roseville location"

Sep 11, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #4,672 of 5,933
Anyone here care to pay a visit to the new space in Rocklin? Oh, wait... this is Light Harmonic. LH Labs may be in a much different location, since LH Labs is now "surviving" on trickle down profits from Light Harmonic... Maybe check the dumpster out back of Light Harmonic???

Sep 11, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #4,673 of 5,933
Anyone here care to pay a visit to the new space in Rocklin? Oh, wait... this is Light Harmonic. LH Labs may be in a much different location, since LH Labs is now "surviving" on trickle down profits from Light Harmonic... Maybe check the dumpster out back of Light Harmonic???

No, that's where you'll find the marketing team. Maybe Gavin Fish will be there, paying his ex colleagues a visit!

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #4,674 of 5,933

:sweat_smile: No, LHL is in the same office as Light Harmonic.

Sep 26, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #4,677 of 5,933
Is it the IEMs they seemingly ripped off from Campfire Audio?

Light Harmonic did not steal IEM design from Campfire Audio for either Stella or Oscar (or any other IEM or headphone we have coming). We have extensive proof that directly counters/disproves Campfire Audio's unfounded accusations and speculations. We'll release that information soon, but perhaps this isn't the best thread for that. We've also sent that information to reviewers who have Stella in their possession as well.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #4,678 of 5,933
Light Harmonic did not steal IEM design from Campfire Audio for either Stella or Oscar (or any other IEM or headphone we have coming). We have extensive proof that directly counters/disproves Campfire Audio's unfounded accusations and speculations. We'll release that information soon, but perhaps this isn't the best thread for that. We've also sent that information to reviewers who have Stella in their possession as well.

Based on 4 years+ of outright lies and broken promises, why do you think anyone would believe you or for that matter why should we?

Perhaps when you legitimately fulfill your previous commitments to the very generous IGG backers whom you've given the complete shaft/rip-off treatment, then maybe (just maybe) someone out there might be inclined to believe your stories and representations, but I doubt it.

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #4,679 of 5,933
The SEC is suing Elon Musk. The Tesla CEO is being charged with making "false and misleading statements." At least Elon is saying something. Larry Ho hasn't said anything in years, false or misleading. His Mute button must be deployed.

It's a GREAT time for Light Harmonic to STOP Tesla Speaker R&D, and focus on fulfilling IGG perks like the Wave. Larry?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back