Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Aug 11, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #4,636 of 5,933
Here, I'll start: I think these people are the investors you need money from to avoid bankruptcy, but the money comes with certain conditions (features) they deem necessary to sell the Wave commercially.

Android had nothing to do with investors. It was purely market research with dealers, distributors and potential users. Most/all suggested Android for future market growth since streaming audio is exploding.

Aug 11, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #4,637 of 5,933
Android had nothing to do with investors. It was purely market research with dealers, distributors and potential users. Most/all suggested Android for future market growth since streaming audio is exploding.

Great! I can accept that explanation.

This concludes my latest attempt to get you guys understanding that missing information/lack of detail only makes the PR problem worse.

Aug 11, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #4,638 of 5,933

But those guys are most likely interested in LH devices (and not LHL) hence I don't get it that Larry can't fulfill the campaign first and develop then the Android/Tidal what the heck.

Aug 11, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #4,640 of 5,933
I actually think that the Android option is great.

It could mean that the device is released with Android support first... They don't need to recreate another software player in Android space, since there are already quite a few. That can come later...

And the initial AOS could just have firmware update capabilities to start.

This would get the physical devices into people's hands sooner.

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #4,641 of 5,933
I actually think that the Android option is great.

It could mean that the device is released with Android support first... They don't need to recreate another software player in Android space, since there are already quite a few. That can come later...

And the initial AOS could just have firmware update capabilities to start.

This would get the physical devices into people's hands sooner.

The Android partition is just for streaming I believe. We backed a stand-alone DAP with state-of-the-art file playback. There would be mass revolt if we don't get that capability along with whatever they are doing with Android. And the dual OS will only add to their already ridiculous timeframes.

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #4,642 of 5,933
The Android partition is just for streaming I believe. We backed a stand-alone DAP with state-of-the-art file playback. There would be mass revolt if we don't get that capability along with whatever they are doing with Android. And the dual OS will only add to their already ridiculous timeframes.
State of the art was about 4 years ago. What good could this DAP possibly be, except for all the money you're owed?

Aug 15, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #4,647 of 5,933
From 2014:

If you look at the Indiegogo pages, you will note that of the team members listed none are software developers or UX designers. None of LH's previous products had any software beyond the firmware. I funded the GO and Pulse projects based on LH's significant hardware/DAC experience. I skipped the other projects based on their lack of software experience. I truly hope they turn out something great, but I would be shocked if they end up with a UI that competes with the latest A&K devices.

Maybe. That is sort of like saying all they need to do is hire a couple of EEs to build a DAC. Sure, that might work, but we want a GREAT DAC, not just a functional one. Building high-quality UIs for consumer devices is a challenging area. To build a really slick solution, they are looking at a few person years of design (and hopefully UX testing), coding, and debugging. If they want to build a UI that challenges what A&K has, they really need developers and designers from day 1. They need hardware and software teams to work together to produce something that is well integrated. For example, it would be a mistake to design all of the physical controls (like a scroll wheel, for instance) without having a clear spec for how they will function in the software and hardware/software prototypes to validate it. Can they still do all of that prior to Spring 2015? Well, time is ticking away, but if the hire some all-stars, it can certainly still happen.

I was wrong about all of this; it was actually far worse. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back