Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Aug 8, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #4,621 of 5,933
@stuck limo, seems to me that Larry could manage to move a Wave up to Sacramento for your visit... Surely, someone at the LH Labs site in Berkeley can take a morning or afternoon to bring something up to Sacramento; especially if Larry knew you were going to share real "progress" with his original funders.

Trying to work out something there along those lines.

Aug 8, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #4,622 of 5,933
Please check on the Vi Tube DAC SE's as to where they are as quite a few of us are waiting on those too!

Aug 8, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #4,623 of 5,933
I have paid for a Wave 64. Back 3 years ago, wi-fi and bluetooth was added as a ‘perk’ to all units based on passing some milestone.
Recently, we were told it was for only those that added it.
Bottom line, unless you are adding wi-fi for ALL wave units , Tidal, Android and all the rest of your nonsense means nothing to me.
I’m out $229. The $ means nothing. The principle of this does. The fan boys can continue to live in their ‘Ooooo this is promising’ world. Not me.
Stiff me, I don’t care at this point. I’m going to get my $229 of shaming in regardless.

Aug 8, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #4,624 of 5,933
Jarek, while you're in Sacramento can you please gather as much information as possible on all the ongoing projects (wave, vi dac, source, etc.) and give us a full report on what has been finalised, what has been shipped, what is still to be shipped and if things that should be being shipped are not being shipped please explain why that is so?

A full and honest report on all projects I think would go a long way towards restoring at least some faith in this epic saga.

Aug 9, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #4,626 of 5,933
Well, that is QUITE the positive development. I can now theoretically have my Hi-Res, MP3 and Amazon Music Unlimited libraries all on one single device. Amazon lets you download with no limit so I would not even need an internet connection.

VERY promising.

IF progress has been made, and Wave actually ever ships out with these features, I'll be pleased too. My ripped CDs plus Spotify/Tidal/etc streaming capabilities sounds good to me.

Aug 9, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #4,628 of 5,933
And of course what is 'really' happening to their first project on Indiegogo that is not completely delivered to all, from my first contribution on the start date of October 29 2013 - The Geek Pulse DAC

I backed the "Geek Force Model S" in 2014 which was converted to the Geek Wave. I think I have a 1% chance of receiving it. :)

Aug 9, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #4,629 of 5,933
Jarek, while you're in Sacramento.

Trip got canceled at essentially literally last minute due to various circumstances, both internal and external. We'll have to reschedule at some point. Sorry guys. Extremely disappointing/disheartening on my end. I tried extremely hard to get this particular operation to work.

On another note: I confirmed again with Larry that the Android implementation is NOT delaying the units to be built. The issues causing delay (on the custom OS) are: Bluetooth transmission + Apt-X, charging speed/power management, and the kernel player needs to be optimized for streaming.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #4,630 of 5,933
Trip got canceled at essentially literally last minute due to various circumstances, both internal and external. We'll have to reschedule at some point. Sorry guys. Extremely disappointing/disheartening on my end. I tried extremely hard to get this particular operation to work.

On another note: I confirmed again with Larry that the Android implementation is NOT delaying the units to be built. The issues causing delay (on the custom OS) are: Bluetooth transmission + Apt-X, charging speed/power management, and the kernel player needs to be optimized for streaming.

Of course Android implementation doesn't delay anything due to the fact that there is no project plan at all.
Usually a project has a start date and an end date. The latter is something which doesn't exist....

So bring some more goodies over the next years [roon endpoint, wireless charging, Alexa control or whatever is "hot" (aka has been requested by "some" customers/backers)] and come back with the not delaying argument.

Not very funny.

Aug 10, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #4,631 of 5,933

I genuinely feel bad for all those who backed the Geek Wave. I will keep watching the thread hoping all you guys get it soon and get what you paid for 4 years ago.

Aug 10, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #4,632 of 5,933
I genuinely feel bad for all those who backed the Geek Wave. I will keep watching the thread hoping all you guys get it soon and get what you paid for 4 years ago.
+1 I started watching the thread, mainly because I was interested in new products and was curious to read reviews and maybe pick one up if proven worthwhile. Can't imagine your frustration.

Aug 10, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #4,633 of 5,933
I told you guys that certain people wanted this functionality. I wasn't lying.

Again a reference to these golden backers, who can override the consensus of all public voices.

Not being forthright about the company's financial situation only breeds more speculation from us.

Here, I'll start: I think these people are the investors you need money from to avoid bankruptcy, but the money comes with certain conditions (features) they deem necessary to sell the Wave commercially.

Aug 11, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #4,634 of 5,933

Even you must be noticing the huge disparity between what Larry "says" will happen, vs what actually happens. The pattern is so established that when he states things like, "we plan on shipping x_number of Source units in July"...we have been well trained not to believe it.

Aug 11, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #4,635 of 5,933
The clarity we need from Larry when he states "We plan on shipping x number of units in July" is who are they shipping them to, backers or to a location for assembly. What state are they in when he provides vague, generalized, statements like that. We never get direct answers. It's usually a vague misdirection. He answers the question but not with the detail he knows we are asking for. I've really given up as there just doesn't seem to be integrity at the other end. It's all legal but not ethical, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back