Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Aug 6, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #4,606 of 5,933
Problem with the latest campaign update is that it says they are in the software phase and that the next step is to actually build the beta units.

Why is that a problem? Because they are in the software TESTING phase, and if you may recall, we've already been shown software testing YEARS ago. So, what's really changed? Still could be another year of this nonsense (given their past history) before they actually make a single beta unit.

Then, of course, the devices won't work properly during beta tests because most of the other Geek line stuff has had problems, some of them massive. So enjoy months and months more of that.

Then, if by some miracle the Wave lands on your doorstep by Summer 2019 (most likely, way later), it will have all sorts of problems and bugs. And eventually, LH will have no reason to keep trying to fix these problems, so enjoy our bricks I guess.

Aug 6, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #4,607 of 5,933
Problem with the latest campaign update is that it says they are in the software phase and that the next step is to actually build the beta units.

Why is that a problem? Because they are in the software TESTING phase, and if you may recall, we've already been shown software testing YEARS ago. So, what's really changed? Still could be another year of this nonsense (given their past history) before they actually make a single beta unit.

Then, of course, the devices won't work properly during beta tests because most of the other Geek line stuff has had problems, some of them massive. So enjoy months and months more of that.

Then, if by some miracle the Wave lands on your doorstep by Summer 2019 (most likely, way later), it will have all sorts of problems and bugs. And eventually, LH will have no reason to keep trying to fix these problems, so enjoy our bricks I guess.
Problem with the latest update is it is as much bull as every single other update. the word beta unit and beta testing has been thrown around every time there is 'an update'.

You will never see the wave, I promise you as much. LH's capital (actual not figurative one) has been burnt.

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #4,611 of 5,933

Maybe because they were bogged down on development for NON-Android OS and decided to shift to Android (IMO / guess),,,,

Aug 7, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #4,612 of 5,933
Ugh. After they said doing a non-Android OS was going to be "so worth it"...they had better actually support Amazon Music, Spotify, etc. if they are doing Android now and not just friggin' Tidal which likely will be out of business within a couple years. At least let us all have the option of accessing our streaming libraries.

Aug 8, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #4,613 of 5,933
Maybe because they were bogged down on development for NON-Android OS and decided to shift to Android (IMO / guess),,,,

The Wave is a dual operating system; Android for Tidal and other streaming service/functionality and the original custom OS for Pure Music mode. I’ll post more information when available.

Aug 8, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #4,614 of 5,933
The Wave is a dual operating system; Android for Tidal and other streaming service/functionality and the original custom OS for Pure Music mode. I’ll post more information when available.

Do you think you will ever have information from Larry available? Hopefully this gets sorted out quickly...

@stuck limo How many Source units were shipped out in July? Did any actually and really really ship out?

Aug 8, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #4,615 of 5,933
Do you think you will ever have information from Larry available? Hopefully this gets sorted out quickly...

@stuck limo How many Source units were shipped out in July? Did any actually and really really ship out?

I'm scheduled to fly to LH headquarters this week, so hopefully I get a better grasp on what is actually happening there.

Aug 8, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #4,616 of 5,933

Well, that is QUITE the positive development. I can now theoretically have my Hi-Res, MP3 and Amazon Music Unlimited libraries all on one single device. Amazon lets you download with no limit so I would not even need an internet connection.

VERY promising.

Aug 8, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #4,617 of 5,933
Well, that is QUITE the positive development. I can now theoretically have my Hi-Res, MP3 and Amazon Music Unlimited libraries all on one single device. Amazon lets you download with no limit so I would not even need an internet connection.

VERY promising.
This has to be a joke, right?
The only ‘theoretically’ part of your post is actually getting this thing in your hands.
If you are serious, tell your Doctor to dial back the dosage.

Aug 8, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #4,619 of 5,933
This has to be a joke, right?
The only ‘theoretically’ part of your post is actually getting this thing in your hands.
If you are serious, tell your Doctor to dial back the dosage.

I told you guys that certain people wanted this functionality. I wasn't lying.

Please take some more pictures of the Wave and Source. And please count how many Source units are there. If shipping started, then there shouldn't be many left.

The Wave is in Berkeley and I'll be in Sacramento area, so it's a 2 hour drive both ways. I doubt I'll get to see the Wave in person. I'll see about the Source.

Aug 8, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #4,620 of 5,933
@stuck limo, seems to me that Larry could manage to move a Wave up to Sacramento for your visit... Surely, someone at the LH Labs site in Berkeley can take a morning or afternoon to bring something up to Sacramento; especially if Larry knew you were going to share real "progress" with his original funders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back