Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread
Jul 24, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #886 of 2,322
OK so what are ALL the ways folks have been dealing with this volume issue? Someone mentioned setting their control panel volume half way and not touching the buttons on the GO....has this worked for others (seems like it hasn't for at least one person). Would I always have to pretty much start music without my headphones on just to play it safe?? That's not fun at all :/

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #887 of 2,322
Mac user with Audirvana+. Leave GO at max once and for all and adjust volumes using A+ as well as Apple's remote. No nasty surprises on every boot-up

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #888 of 2,322
  Few pages back i posted this on my obervations on volume control. Hope it helps.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/711267/light-harmonic-geek-out-em-1000-impressions-thread/615#post_10562634

Thank you for your observation!

Hopefully LH could give some reasoning why the physical volume buttons operate the Digital volume control instead of the analog one.

Btw, I think rather than buggy volume buttons that operate only digital volume control, I rather have gain switch for the analog amplifier gain.
The gain switch will make the GO more useful for both IEMs and Headphones.

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #889 of 2,322
Has everyone received their Geek Out? I pre-ordered mine in February, but so far there has been no news of its arrival. I was told that I would get a notification once it's shipped out, but nothing yet. I'm starting to get tired of waiting, because it seems that most folks who pre-ordered it early got theirs.

Jul 25, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #890 of 2,322
Bro, register in lhlabs.com and open a 'ticket' in the support page.

Jul 25, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #891 of 2,322

I did that first. Pushing the physical button still made the sound go from a murmur to a roar.

Yeah, the volume bug is directly linked to usage of the physical buttons. One touch and it sets the Windows volume to max and you get an earfull!

For myself, this bug doesn't manifest because I don't use the physical buttons at all (after knowing about the bug). I control everything via Windows. So that is my workaround and I'm quite happy.

However, this is just a workaround and doesn't negate the fact that there is still a volume bug when using the physical buttons.

Yes. I was careful and still got my ears blasted out.

LH has been way too busy crowdfunding two other products to ensure the first one, not even out the door, worked properly. Sure, they made a ton of money that way, but I can't say I'm impressed by this company's ethics.

+1

I agree that they are doing a massive product roll out while sacrificing the end-user experience. The first obvious one is timely product delivery (I still see a few complaints of people not receiving their GO and I heard that the ship date for the Geek Pulse has been pushed back again). Secondly is polishing up the product, again the obvious one being the volume bug on the GO.

LH could definitely have managed the whole thing better.

Jul 25, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #893 of 2,322
  OK so what are ALL the ways folks have been dealing with this volume issue? Someone mentioned setting their control panel volume half way and not touching the buttons on the GO....has this worked for others (seems like it hasn't for at least one person). Would I always have to pretty much start music without my headphones on just to play it safe?? That's not fun at all :/

Basically my advice is stay away from the physical buttons on the GO.

For me I set the Windows control panel volume to about 1/3 and leave it there. Any further changes to the volume (to suit the material) I control from the player, e.g. foobar.

Works for me and I keep my headphones and active speakers plugged into the GO full time.

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #895 of 2,322
Yep, use the system / application volume.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #899 of 2,322
Wow, really glad I didn't preorder with all these late arrivals and volume bugs...guess this is why preorders are discounted!!

Really looking forward to the finished product. Anyone know which Geek Out would be best for the HD 700? Probably the 750?

A key thing to note is that the volume issue pertains mostly to Windows users. I see in your signature that you have an iMac. I've not experienced volume issues once with my MBP. And late arrivals are a common occurrence in crowdfunding campaigns.

Jul 26, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #900 of 2,322
Late arrivals are fine, it gave them more time to focus on releasing a finished product. Instead they shifted their focus from releasing a stable product to multiple crowd funding campaigns. Let's continue to milk the cash cow until it's dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back