Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread
Jul 12, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #2,313 of 2,322
if you post your problem here (if its technical) some might give a help.

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #2,315 of 2,322
What is the recommended setup for using as a line output? I'm wary of the volume control problems and would rather just use it with my Fiio A5. However, 4V max output is quite a bit higher than any kind of line level standard, so what would the best course of action be in this case? My 2.1V Dragonfly Red already gets a little less control range on the amp than I would like at low gain driving HD600s... leave the GO1k volume at 50%? But then that goes right back to random volume jumps killing my ears and/or amp.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #2,316 of 2,322
I'm getting an error message using JRiver25. I'm using Geek Out 1k SE, and just upgraded JRiver to the current version. It tells me it can't open the music files using ASIO using 44.1. and I should open the DSP Studio to change the settings. I can't find any settings in there that help.
I have had this issue previously, sometimes just rebooting or closing JRiver helps, but not this time.
Any suggestions? I'd redownload and open the software, but it isn't easy to find on line these days. I still have the download file on my PC, but it doesn't seem to work to reinstall the JRiver software (I think this has helped before as well).
Any ideas?

May 23, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #2,318 of 2,322
Hi, Mikey, how're you doing?
One of the issues that makes me think the drivers are at least part of the issue is that the option to change to WASPI disappeared from my choices a while back (But ASIO seemed to work OK).
I think everything was working recently (with ASIO); I had to disconnect everything, then upgraded to JRiver 25 (I think it was acting up already before the upgrade).
I have my GO connected to a Revive, powered by LH LPS. No cables, the GO goes straight into the Revive (the revive does have a cable that connects to the PC).
I am on Windows 10; didn't realize I could do without the drivers. (I have an old iMac, but it's not functioning these days). And I was going to an external amp, either modded Microzotl2, or a Liquid Carbon (computer audio is such a pain...)
Thanks for the suggestions.

May 23, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #2,319 of 2,322
I have better experience using Kernel Streaming.

If have problems w/ my DAC I attached them to my Android Smartphone and use UAAP or HibyMusic (free) to test.

Cheers!

May 23, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #2,320 of 2,322
I don't see anything called "kernel streaming" in JRiver-is it called something else?
I do have a V40 phone, could try that...also have a Centrance M8 sitting around, may just give up on the Geek Out.

Dec 31, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #2,321 of 2,322
Long time since anyone's been on this thread. I still use Geek Out SE out of my PC, JRiver software. It's been behaving pretty well all this time, but the drivers have disappeared on me (JRiver doesn't list LHlabs as an option for output). Anyone have a link for reinstalling the drivers? (I couldn't find them searching, or on my PC). Thanks.
(Happy New Year!)

Dec 31, 2022 at 1:28 AM Post #2,322 of 2,322
Never mind, I found the problem.
Happy New Year anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back