LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
Jan 22, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #841 of 1,178
No blame should be directed towards Jarek. He is only being given the information he is being directed to share.

Here are the possibilities for why no more Vi (SS or Tube) DAC's, or any other products, are being shipped, in my view at least:
  1. The original chassis can't, or is too costly, to be worked, hence the alternate chassis is being offered.
  2. There are not enough human resources to produce the product.
  3. There is not enough cash flow to continue at this point.
  4. The company may have been given advice not to divulge any more information related to product delivery.
  5. Last, but not least, any combination or all of the above.
Unfortunately, all the IGG crowdfunding efforts provided no guarantees. LHL may deliver or they may not. All we can hope for is that they do deliver at some point. They clearly were not prepared, in all facets of business, to produce the products they proposed. We're all frustrated, disappointed and upset but personally directing your emotions at someone who is not responsible for it, is pointless!

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #842 of 1,178
No blame should be directed towards Jarek. He is only being given the information he is being directed to share.

I agree 100% that we should not get emotional and use aggressive language.

Jarek is LH Labs' spokesman and LH Labs should address our concerns regarding delivery dates. Jarek has chosen to defend LH Labs at all costs even claiming: "they make no money"; "they are trying their best and I have seen it" (over 4 years have gone by!); "no refunds!"; "no delievery dates will be given." IMO, Jarek is not respecting our intelligence.

Last but not least, How can you be sure Jarek is just a "go-between." He works round the clock. He does not behave nor sound like just a 9-5 employee (too smart and too committed). It is my guess he is a partner in LH Labs and that explains his time and mental commitment. It is just a guess. I cannot confirm it, just like you cannot assure us he is just an employee. I say this in a cordial manner and I appreciate your comments. We just happen to disagree (or not?)

Jan 22, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #844 of 1,178
I think that there surely must be a time when we can just finally sit and wait quietly... where yelling is no longer going to gain anything. I seriously have a four year old who understands this better than several on this thread. I am very seriously 'invested' in this project. About as all-in as you can get with the vi-dac. I too want something that is amazing and worth the money and the wait. I too want something that is not obsolete by the time it gets released. But when I supported this project... I knew the risks that come with all crowd-funding projects. Though this is the first true large scale potential failure I have been a part of. Crowd-funding = gambling. By both parties. Communication errors have been the biggest failure with LH so far. And that is why they brought someone from the outside to do some part time communicating with the funding individuals. But seriously.... trying to tear Jarek apart on a regular basis is doing nothing productive. But it is doing some things to harm this process: It is harming the desire for communication from the one dude who has actually tried to get us info... and it is killing the rest of us who see posts about Vi-DAC in our emails and hope there is something other than a bunch of repetitive nonsense from folks trying to sound solid on grounds they don't need to prove. LH has severely screwed up. The company name will never recover. Larry may never recover. But if there is any chance for this to come to a usable final product... will the unnecessary complaining and jabs at Jarek just come to an end? Just assume your money is gone if that helps you get closure... and when and if they do produce... happy day. But in the meantime... please... shut up!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 22, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #845 of 1,178
I agree 100% that we should not get emotional and use aggressive language.

Jarek is LH Labs' spokesman and LH Labs should address our concerns regarding delivery dates. Jarek has chosen to defend LH Labs at all costs even claiming: "they make no money"; "they are trying their best and I have seen it" (over 4 years have gone by!); "no refunds!"; "no delivery dates will be given." IMO, Jarek is not respecting our intelligence.

Last but not least, How can you be sure Jarek is just a "go-between." He works round the clock. He does not behave nor sound like just a 9-5 employee (too smart and too committed). It is my guess he is a partner in LH Labs and that explains his time and mental commitment. It is just a guess. I cannot confirm it, just like you cannot assure us he is just an employee. I say this in a cordial manner and I appreciate your comments. We just happen to disagree (or not?)

I do disagree with your thinking that Jarek is more than just a go between. I won't say how I know but his story, about himself, checks out. He may just be dedicated and work long hours because it's his work ethic. He may know more but may have been told, by management, not to divulge it! He's doing nothing illegal by doing so, if that's the case!

As I said earlier, I'm not happy with the time it has taken and still nothing has been delivered with the Wave, Source and Vi, especially the Vi. Regarding, IGG, we took a chance by understanding, or should have understood, the risks (may not deliver product, no refunds, etc.) as it's all spelled out in their disclaimers and we will pay a price if LHL doesn't deliver. I, for one, will never participate in crowdfundng again as a result of this experience.

As Stan Laurel, of Laurel & Hardy, would say to his friend, "It's another fine mess you've gotten us into, Ollie!". Someone, not sure who, at LHL is playing the part of Ollie.

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #846 of 1,178
Agree with @germay0653, I've also got a ton invested in Vi Tune Dac SE, Wave and Source, but it was a chance we took (crowdfunding was supposed to get you a bargain, remember?). I'm not happy with the progress (none so far) from LH Labs, but my dealings with Jarek have been nothing but pleasant and useful. Hopefully we'll come out of this whole...not much can be done if we don't, so spitting in the wind ain't much of a help.

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #847 of 1,178
Ok, here is a question that I want to hear the answer of - if we all went with the new design (not that I like it) how long till delivery?

It definitely seems the original enclosure is the main issue.. if we haven't been screwed.

Still rather the old enclosure, I switched from the pulse once it was redesigned.. I don't have that luxury now

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #848 of 1,178
Is the odd design the hold up? Would you give up some audio quality with the new one (remember that was the underlying design goal for the non-parallel walls)?

Jan 23, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #849 of 1,178
Is the odd design the hold up? Would you give up some audio quality with the new one (remember that was the underlying design goal for the non-parallel walls)?

Ok, here is a question that I want to hear the answer of - if we all went with the new design (not that I like it) how long till delivery?

Yes, the odd design is still holding things up. Things have stabilized but the odd design is definitely not helping things move along at a quicker pace. Theoretically, if everyone took that offer, it would move things along but that really depends on the percentages and what the factory situation looks like. It may or may not speed things along. I can ask about a theoretical timeframe but I can't guarantee an answer or even an accurate answer.

I have been told the audio quality will be either nearly as good or exactly as good as the old chassis. I'm sure testing needs to be done to know exactly, but Larry wanted me to assure backers the new chassis would not be an issue for the sound quality. As we all know, Larry is a perfectionist and is not going to sacrifice any sound quality if he can help it. If anyone is worried about it, they are welcome to stick with the original chassis.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #850 of 1,178
What does the new chassis look like?

Jan 23, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #852 of 1,178
Well LH labs posted photos in the past with the chassis under development. Can we have a taste?

Jan 23, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #854 of 1,178
The only reason I posted the question is that we were told that, aside from being striking visually, the non parallel walls would minimize reflections and improve sound. Of course, this is dealt with by most equipment manufacturers, usually with damping material. The new shape will certainly be easier to manage on an equipment rack.

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #855 of 1,178
OK, LHL won a CES Innovation award for that design and that is the design I like best but if it's going to delay the shipment of my Vi Tube DAC SE by more than 6 months of the already nebulous delivery date, then I'll opt for the new chassis but we need a certain amount of detailed delivery timing information in order to make an educated decision.

I'll leave that in your capable hands, Jarek, to deliver the message to Larry about the delivery timing of the, original vs new, chassis. Not upset but would like some concrete evidence and no more vague answers from Larry regarding that. I think that's only fair. I'm sure the new chassis will be faster, and much less costly to produce, than the original, which should help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back