LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
Jan 23, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #856 of 1,178
Let me put in prospective for all of you.
I have a Vi tube for almost two years.
It sounds great. I had a W4S with all the whistles before and it blows it away.
Since then I am waiting for the CCX module to use the tube stage because my amp works best in balance mode.

Excuse after excuse, delay after delay, Larry tells me that he just needs to fix the design of the transformer, which did not make any sense, since it was already done.when offered during the campaign and there's no secret sauce for an analogue output stage.

Finally last November on the campaign page it's announced that the transformer issue has been solved.

Guess what, I can't still have the CCX, which has nothing to do with the design of the chassis.

Fact is that they are using excuse after excuse hiding the truth to us.

And still today there are people they believe they would get what they paid for.

LHLabs doesn't exist anymore.

Jan 27, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #858 of 1,178
Yes, the odd design is still holding things up. Things have stabilized but the odd design is definitely not helping things move along at a quicker pace. Theoretically, if everyone took that offer, it would move things along but that really depends on the percentages and what the factory situation looks like. It may or may not speed things along. I can ask about a theoretical timeframe but I can't guarantee an answer or even an accurate answer.

I have been told the audio quality will be either nearly as good or exactly as good as the old chassis. I'm sure testing needs to be done to know exactly, but Larry wanted me to assure backers the new chassis would not be an issue for the sound quality. As we all know, Larry is a perfectionist and is not going to sacrifice any sound quality if he can help it. If anyone is worried about it, they are welcome to stick with the original chassis.

I don't believe the odd design itself is the hold up but rather the cost to CNC it properly. Just take a look at the Metaxas Ikarus integrated amp. That chassis design is as complex, if not more so, than the Vi. It has been CNC'd to perfection so it can be done. It's the cost of doing so that is the hold up, not the design itself. Unfortunately, the proper homework on costing out the CNC work for the Vi Tube wasn't properly done. Admit it, go with the new chassis and deliver the product. I'd rather have a product in hand as opposed to a pipe dream. You'll have a lot more satisfied customers as a result. Larry and team, we're EXTREMELY frustrated with your avoidance of dealing with this issue!

Jan 27, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #859 of 1,178
I don't believe the odd design itself is the hold up but rather the cost to CNC it properly. Just take a look at the Metaxas Ikarus integrated amp. That chassis design is as complex, if not more so, than the Vi. It has been CNC'd to perfection so it can be done. It's the cost of doing so that is the hold up, not the design itself. Unfortunately, the proper homework on costing out the CNC work for the Vi Tube wasn't properly done. Admit it, go with the new chassis and deliver the product. I'd rather have a product in hand as opposed to a pipe dream. You'll have a lot more satisfied customers as a result. Larry and team, we're EXTREMELY frustrated with your avoidance of dealing with this issue!

We should get choice of SS in promised CNC case or new chassis for the tube, if that is the problem.

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #861 of 1,178
And one more thing: just saw the Vi DAC Indiegogo campaign and LH Labs raised 2853% of the goal. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vi-dac-ultra-high-end-dac-with-unique-design#/

That means that based on their initial calculations they had 29 times more money than they thought they needed in order to develop the Vi Dac.

@stuck limo would you be so kind as to elaborate on the above statement? How come 29 times more money than initially planned was not enough in order to develop the Vi Dac?

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #862 of 1,178
And one more thing: just saw the Vi DAC Indiegogo campaign and LH Labs raised 2853% of the goal. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vi-dac-ultra-high-end-dac-with-unique-design#/

That means that based on their initial calculations they had 29 times more money than they thought they needed in order to develop the Vi Dac.

@stuck limo would you be so kind as to elaborate on the above statement? How come 29 times more money than initially planned was not enough in order to develop the Vi Dac?

Don't forget that they already had the Da Vinci in production, so it was suppose to be quick process to make a lower cost version - and they did come up with the
Da Vinci DAC MKII in 2015.

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #863 of 1,178
Wow, interesting to see it this way, some would say it's scam worth almost 0.3 million. This is a great time for LHL to give us some actual figures so my mind doesn't think about the worst case.

Jan 31, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #864 of 1,178
I have dealt with multiple high-end audio dealers and manufacturers and my experience has been great. Unfortunately, LH Labs has dented the reputation of the whole industry. For instance, there is one trustworthy firm doing crowdfunding: Centrance. I bought one of their products from a crowdfunding campaign and they delivered on time. Now Centrance will have a much harder time finding backers courtesy of LH Labs.

The Hi End audio industry needs new venues to raise money. LH Labs damaged everybody in the industry: manufacturers and consumers. Level of trust is a priceless commodity.

Feb 11, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #865 of 1,178
Interesting... absolutely zero buzz/discussion of the LH Labs "update" provided on the Vi DAC very late last night or early this morning depending on what time zone you reside in.

I think I know why, if my own reaction is at all indicative of others'. I'll just save @stuck limo the trouble and take a no comment, as I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Feb 11, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #866 of 1,178
I think since its just been so long, most are tired of it.
Going from the original vi case to the new one is like going from a BMW look to a Gremlin or Pinto. It looks like everything else out there.

R&D on the case should have been out there beyond autocad or wherever they are using for design software they are using.

Feb 11, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #867 of 1,178
They did say we have the choice to wait and get the old case.. which I intend on doing. I don't want a VCR looking thing on my rack. It's hideous.

They did the same on the Pulse. Went from an understated case to am ugly design. One of the reasons I traded up.

Feb 11, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #868 of 1,178
Interesting... absolutely zero buzz/discussion of the LH Labs "update" provided on the Vi DAC very late last night or early this morning depending on what time zone you reside in.

I think I know why, if my own reaction is at all indicative of others'. I'll just save @stuck limo the trouble and take a no comment, as I wouldn't even know where to begin.

I'll let Larry and the other backers know you said they're essentially a waste of time, since apparently the only point of updates is to "generate buzz". I am sure everyone appreciates your input on this and we'll review corrections to what updates we want to address to better reflect your wishes. :)

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #869 of 1,178
So you're saying they're a waste of time, since "no buzz"? I'll let Larry and the other backers know you said they're essentially a waste of time, since apparently the only point of updates is to "generate buzz". I am sure everyone appreciates your input on this and we'll review corrections to what updates we want to address to better reflect your wishes.

Personally I didn't know what to post after the update.. I really went to but thought it might be best waiting for another update. Don't stop the updates though. With all the negative talk here just let that one fade into the noise as well

Feb 11, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #870 of 1,178
Personally I didn't know what to post after the update.. I really went to but thought it might be best waiting for another update. Don't stop the updates though. With all the negative talk here just let that one fade into the noise as well

Obviously, updates will continue, regardless of people who are upset with whatever updates we offer. We offered good news on the Wave updates, and we had people "thumbs down" our post. We have people who badmouth us on ANY updates, regardless of the content. They have nothing better to do and would like everyone else as miserable as they are. There's a couple of prominent posters in this thread (and other LH threads) who are the subject of a looooot of talk amongst the other members in private.

There's really not anything to post, except if the backers want us to start offering the defective chassis, please let me know and I'll take all that information and send it to Larry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back